Well Christmas is here and gone in a flash, isn't it? This year was like all the others--you prepare all year for it, you can't wait and then it's over! Sad, I hate to see Christmas go, it's my favorite time of year. However, this year it was extra special with new babies on board! Tracy has Kelton, who is now 8 months old and of course we have Sophie who is now 4 weeks old!Everyone came over for Christmas (it was actually Christmas Eve) and we had food for about 100! We had 11 people total at the house. My mom cooked all day and had all kinds of food and candies for everyone. It was very yummy and loads of fun. Sophie was held the whole time by Grandma and Grandpa Greer and she slept the whole time too! We can't wait for next year when she'll be walking around and having a good time ripping into wrapping paper and such!
My mom insisted on David and I getting a full night's sleep and volunteered to take care of Sophie in the night. We didn't hesitate for one minute and we slept better than we had in months! Of course my sleep deprivation started months ago and only got thicker once she came. The following morning, which was actually Christmas Day, mom and David (step-dad, not hubby) left to go back to Austin.
David and I went to his parents' around 2pm and had a Christmas lunch--ham, sweet potatoes, the works! It was great. Then his parents whisked us away so that they could babysit and we could go see a movie. We went to see "Marley & Me" and I was sobbing in the movie. I had to blow my nose like 3 times and everyone knows how it sounds when I blow my nose! I had taken napkins, you know the little thin kind you get at the grocery store when you buy a pack of napkins? Yeah. Don't use those to double as Kleenex, they don't hold snot. I actually held back my sobs because I knew my fake Kleenex wouldn't hold all the snot I had to give to the napkin. Of course Bounty the Quicker Picker Upper may have done the trick . . . hmm, I'll have to check on that. Anyway, I would have sounded like a hysterical woman if I had my druthers. I would have just sobbed out loud and probably had more people staring at me than the movie screen. Now, don't get me wrong, if you don't have (or never have had) a very close bond with a dog then you wouldn't understand the reason for the tears but most people who've read the book know what happens and they also know that the movie is a tear-jerker. Regardless, I still recommend you go see it. It's a good flick. Take Kleenex, the thick ones with Aloe . . .That night David and I decided we needed to get Sophie on a routine schedule before bed in hopes that she would get in the groove and go down to sleep better. So
we decided to do bath, change and feeding. We also decided to try to do a bath with me in the tub with her and then daddy drying her off and then putting her PJs on. This worked out great! First, she loved the bath! I dipped her way down in there and she liked the warm water. She just looked around and seemed relaxed. But the best part was that she slept really well afterward! We bathed her around 10pm and she was in bed by 11pm. She then slept until around 9:30am the next morning, with of course feedings at 2:30am, 6am and 9am (she sleeps during feedings but drinks the entire bottle!) Needless to say, we've been doing this little routine now for a couple of days and it's seemed to work very well. We hope it's going to keep on keepin' on!
Friday we did nothing. Literally. I can't even blog anything. There was nothing. Now today (which is actually Saturday that I'm referring to) we cleaned the house up and took down all the Christmas decorations. We also decided to go eat at Rosa's in Hurst. The weather was a bit cooler and windy so we put Sophie's little pink corduroy pants and little sweater jacket on her to keep her cozy. She really looked too cute in it! Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen? (That's Noah sniffing her out.)Tomorrow (rather, today, er . . . Sunday) we get to go see another movie while Grandma and Grandpa Greer babysit once again! Yippee! We are going to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" this time . . . I'll report on that later. Hopefully I won't need Kleenex!
No comments:
Post a Comment