Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sleepless in Arlington . . .

Well this isn't a love story about to come to a close but I'm definitely Sleepless in Arlington . . . . Sophie's not. She steals our sleep, steals it I say!

Over the past 72 hours we've had some major issues with projectile vomiting. This often happens up to an hour after feeding, sometimes right after. She also does it in her sleep and then gurgles on her spit up. It's pitiful and I feel so bad for her. She gets really upset for about an hour afterwards and I know her belly hurts and she just can't get comfortable. She'll be thrashing her arms and legs around, I know she's trying to expel all that gas. Poor little thing. Her little eyes get tiny tears in them and her face turns blood red.

We go to the pedi tomorrow and we are going to present our case to her then. See what she says. She mentioned the possibility of reflux last week when we had the first bout of this happen. We'll see if that is possibly what she has. I hope so because there is medication for it and we can get her (and us) some relief. Otherwise I guess we just have to tough out the next few weeks . . . or months . . . ho-hum.

Yesterday (Saturday) Auntie Tracy came over and we went to Target around 4pm. Daddy kept Sophie and called about half and hour after we left saying she had projectile vomited all over his shirt and wouldn't stop crying. She had just settled while we were talking on the phone. So because she spent about half an hour crying and being wide awake she slept from about 5pm to midnight. Then she was awake, I fed her at 1am and then she vomited around 2am and it wasn't until 4am that she went to sleep after that. So today I'm really tired. I got to sleep around 4:30am and got up around 10:30am. Daddy took care of her 7am feeding and 10am feeding.

I did get a darling picture of Daddy and Sophie yesterday morning when she was wide awake around 7:30am. Daddy wanted to catch a little bit more shut-eye so he brought her into our room and laid her on his belly. Daddy likes to give her tummy time and he calls this "tummy on tummy". She loves it, seems to be very relaxed on Daddy's belly. They were both asleep here and Amos was right next to them trying to snooze too.

Ok. Well I'll probably take a nap during the Cowboys game. I'm thinking the Giants will pummel the "boys". . . . shhhhh, don't tell David. He gets upset when I don't put faith in his team. Anyway, I look forward to the nap regardless of what happens in the NFL!

I'll update you all on the pedi tomorrow. It will be my first day all day alone with Sophie. David goes back to work. I'm really bummed about it. We'll miss him. He's so darn helpful and wonderful. I'll see what I can get done while she sleeps tomorrow . . . .

1 comment:

  1. you should try to burp her until you get a good one. Even if it takes forever. It'll make all the difference in the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete