Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Eve!

Well 2008 is drawing to a close. Can you believe it? What a long year it has been for me! Being pregnant most of 2008 and now holding the little bundle that kept my back aching for months and my heartburn flaring . . . it's a joy! She was worth it (although I don't miss that heartburn!)

Ok. Well here is what my little joy looked like today (sorry the pics were taken with my phone so they aren't great). She was happy, then sad. She was over-tired and so anything set her off. She also kept me from being able to shower, go to the bank and get to Target to return items. My plans were sabatoged, she's a plotter. She's never been fussy during the day, a true gem until today. But she knew I needed to do things and that she'd be hauled around in that darned baby carrier so she conspired within her inner self and came up with the plan to stay awake too long and then cry for a couple hours here and there. It worked! Oh golly it worked!

So due to the fact that I didn't get to go anywhere as planned I was really glad to see David when he got home. I wanted to go out for Mexican food. So we went to Pappasitos. She finally went to sleep around 4:30pm and I knew she wouldn't wake up until around 7pm when she ate next. She was so exhausted from being so tired and crying that she was out like a light. So she slept through dinner. Ahhhh. Thanks, darling dear.

Poor David isn't feeling too well. He was a bit under the weather the week after Sophie was born and I think he's kind of kept that little sinus infection going. He was coughing and such and so he said he'd take her for her last 2 feeds of the evening--the 7pm and the 10pm feedings. After the 10pm she was wide awake. So Daddy did his "tummy-on-tummy" and read his book. She usually sleeps when he does that. Not tonight. She didn't get her bath (we'll be doing that tomorrow for sure!) and she was back to her old routine of being awake from 10pm to midnight. Mommy actually got her to sleep at about 11:30pm. She's been asleep since. Mommy has the touch. . . . and for those wondering (Dad, I know you are!) David will be going to the doctor if he's not better tomorrow so we can nip this in the bud and he doesn't come down with something [and give it to Little Bit]!

Ok. We'll post more in 2009! Stay tuned . . . For now here is my "Year in Pics" video. It's nothin great . . .

Year in Pictures: 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment