David is off this week to be a daddy and spend time with me and Sophie alone. We are excited to have the time to ourselves but we sure do miss Grans (my mom)! Grans was the best!! On Saturday my mom left really early, about 6:30am. I was super sad all day. I think it was hormones that really aided in the tears but nonetheless I don't think I've cried that much since the break up of my high school sweetheart! David was, of course, so sweet and hugged me and would just tell me that we were gonna make it just fine . . . and we have!
Sunday was much better for me. No crying all day and we just kind of did nothing. David's parents and grandfather came over and we went to breakfast. His grandfather was in Michigan visiting his aunt and uncle when Sophie was born so he wanted to meet her. Grandpa got Sophie a teddy bear from F.A.O. Schwarz when he went to New York in early November. Cute little fellow, we've named him Percy. After breakfast we went home and lounged around. David geared up for the Cowboys game and even kept his voice down when he wanted to get upset at the TV when they started their decline as an NFL team during the game.Last night David and I got almost 5 full hours of sleep without interruption . . . I fed Sophie at 1am, put her down at about 2am and then went to bed. David had her 4am feeding shift. I had my alarm set and everything. I wake up and look at the clock and it's 6:45am! I said, "David! Wake up! Did you feed her at 4?" He's still half asleep, so he gathers his thoughts, bats his poor tired eyes and says, "What? Uh no. I didn't feed her at all last night . . ." I leapt out of bed and ran to her room. She was snug as a bug in her swaddler and squeaked when I gently rocked her back and forth to get proof of life.
I was then worried that she didn't eat for 5 hours, even though we did welcome the extra sleep! She should eat every 2.5-3 hours at this age and she has been a great eater since we brought her home. So David fed her at 7am and she didn't eat very well. First time she had left food in the bottle. Then she spit up more than she had before (she really hasn't been a spit up baby so far). She never woke up. She slept all morning. I fed her at 10am and she slept again through this feeding but scarfed it down like a champ, leaving nothing in the bottle! I was so excited. Then I bent her over to burp her an she vomited all of the milk up--all of it!I was a bit worried at this point since this was all odd behavior from what we have seen so far. We were supposed to see the pedi again this week anyway to check her bilirubin levels (her jaundice). So David called the pedi's office and we went in at 2:45 this afternoon. Her bilirubin was 6.2, down from 12 last week. So, that was great news. Dr. Shori said she looked good and we told her about our night and day. She asked about a few things and then did a whole check up on her. She said she looks really good and that if she's eating, pooping and peeing normally and her bilirubin continues to go down then she's not worried. She said she could have just had "a bizzarre day". She said if anything changes to call but other than that we would just come back next week for another follow-up and her 2-week check up. So that was our day today!
We are going to see how the night goes. We went to Half Price Books today as well and I got a book that I've had recommended to me and I've read how good it was. It is called "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer". I'm liking the book so far and will let you know what we learn from it! We are following "Babywise" (modifying it as I see fit) and I think it's helping to establish her routine.Ok. I'll sign off for now. I put some more random pics of the little pea-pod on here and a tiny video below of David singing to Sophie trying to get her to wake up. And David's last line is "they are going to show this to CPS . . ."--enjoy!
ahhh...it is sad when mom leaves. I cried when she left with both kids. I'm glad David gets to be home with you this week. I remember being totally freaked out when Brandon had to go back to work and I was home alone for the first time with Peyton. You will do fine and you guys will have a routine down in no time!
ReplyDelete