Hmmm. Let's see . . . ok Sunday was a busy day for Sophie. So busy in fact that she slept--uniterrupted--for 12 hours that night! It was glorious! . . .
Sunday morning around 11am David and I went to the in-laws. Don, David and I went to see a movie and Susan kept Sophie. We saw a movie at about 12:30pm and after the movie we stuck around Grandma and Grandpa's until dinner time. Sophie went thru several bottles, weak naps and a pair of clothes while we were there! She didn't nap too well, I think maybe because she didn't have her own bed at home. We left around 6:30pm and of course she slept the whole way home. We got her out of her carseat once we got home, which usually wakes her, fed her, and put her to bed. She slept until 6:30am without a peep and without any dreamfeeds!
And to top that off she was perfect on her naps on Monday! She had 2-2.5 hour naps all day! Here she is zonked out during a nap on Monday. It was so great! So I think she needs more sleep at night that is uninterrupted in order for her to have a good day the next day. Which brings up something Tracy was telling me. She said that she is reading a book titled "How to Say No to Your Toddler" and something very interesting in the book was that the author said that most temper tantrums and poor behavior are the result of lack of sleep. Well, geez! That makes sense, doesn't it?! So, we will make a goal to have well-rested kiddos (and infants)!
I snagged this picture of Max, Don and Susan's furry cat. He was licking his under belly and I think cats look hilarious when they bathe themselves. Their legs get all entangled and they are as flexible as Gumby! So, meet Max he says hello.
Speaking of which I have a video of Sophie on tummy-time but it's blackmail material. The poor thing is so incredibly miserable with tummy-time that I can't post the video. She's wailing the whole time and it's really pitiful. Poor thing. I probably could get turned in just for making the video. We try it every day for just about 2 minutes.
That's all any of us can take. Wonderful cousin Lara said TJ hated it and she just waited until he was a bit older--like 3 or 4 months-- and then he was fine with it. So we may just ease into it! In the meantime here is a picture of Trevor. He is under the false impression that the Boppy pillow is a new innovative dog bed. He loves to snuggle down inside the hole!
Today Megan was back. She didn't come at all last week because she had some kind of surgery that put her out for a week--I have no clue, I didn't want to ask if she wasn't going to offer the information. Anyway it was so great! Oh my gosh I did things I've had on a To Do List for weeks! And sadly they are just minor little things that anyone can do . . . if they have a spare 2 hours that are kid-free! Such as going to the bank, eating lunch with your husband, returning a cable box to the cable company and then the grocery store. I, of course, can do those things with Sophie in tow but it's so, so, so much easier and quicker if I don't have to.
Anyway apparently she wasn't the best little angel while I was gone. Megan said she cried for 45 minutes and didn't stop once I left. I wonder if it was actually that long. I sure know that 5 minutes of crying can be like the wind chill index--feels worse than it is! She really hasn't been a baby who cries forever non-stop but hey, maybe she did. I dunno. She also just took catnaps all morning so she may have just been really tired and cranky. And mamma left her with a stranger. When I got home Megan was changing her diaper so I went in there and started talking to her on the changing table and as soon as I did she stopped fussing and looked up at me. Then she was totally fine. I've gotta get her around more folks! I don't want her to have "stranger danger"! Then again I may be over-reacting. Stacy, come on she's only 8 weeks old!
Alright enough of that. Dad and Carol are coming in town on Thursday and staying until Sunday. Then next week Uncle Paul is coming down [from New York] and he gets to see Sophie for the first time ever! That'll be Valentine's Day weekend. Mom and David are coming that weekend too as it is Kaitlyn's 2nd birthday that weekend (that's my little stepniece, my stepbrother's littlel girl). So we are going to have a busy next 10 days!
I'll be doing house cleaning tomorrow as I pray right now for long naps from Sophie tomorrow so I can in fact get some real cleaning done!
Sunday morning around 11am David and I went to the in-laws. Don, David and I went to see a movie and Susan kept Sophie. We saw a movie at about 12:30pm and after the movie we stuck around Grandma and Grandpa's until dinner time. Sophie went thru several bottles, weak naps and a pair of clothes while we were there! She didn't nap too well, I think maybe because she didn't have her own bed at home. We left around 6:30pm and of course she slept the whole way home. We got her out of her carseat once we got home, which usually wakes her, fed her, and put her to bed. She slept until 6:30am without a peep and without any dreamfeeds!
And to top that off she was perfect on her naps on Monday! She had 2-2.5 hour naps all day! Here she is zonked out during a nap on Monday. It was so great! So I think she needs more sleep at night that is uninterrupted in order for her to have a good day the next day. Which brings up something Tracy was telling me. She said that she is reading a book titled "How to Say No to Your Toddler" and something very interesting in the book was that the author said that most temper tantrums and poor behavior are the result of lack of sleep. Well, geez! That makes sense, doesn't it?! So, we will make a goal to have well-rested kiddos (and infants)!
I snagged this picture of Max, Don and Susan's furry cat. He was licking his under belly and I think cats look hilarious when they bathe themselves. Their legs get all entangled and they are as flexible as Gumby! So, meet Max he says hello.Speaking of which I have a video of Sophie on tummy-time but it's blackmail material. The poor thing is so incredibly miserable with tummy-time that I can't post the video. She's wailing the whole time and it's really pitiful. Poor thing. I probably could get turned in just for making the video. We try it every day for just about 2 minutes.
That's all any of us can take. Wonderful cousin Lara said TJ hated it and she just waited until he was a bit older--like 3 or 4 months-- and then he was fine with it. So we may just ease into it! In the meantime here is a picture of Trevor. He is under the false impression that the Boppy pillow is a new innovative dog bed. He loves to snuggle down inside the hole!Today Megan was back. She didn't come at all last week because she had some kind of surgery that put her out for a week--I have no clue, I didn't want to ask if she wasn't going to offer the information. Anyway it was so great! Oh my gosh I did things I've had on a To Do List for weeks! And sadly they are just minor little things that anyone can do . . . if they have a spare 2 hours that are kid-free! Such as going to the bank, eating lunch with your husband, returning a cable box to the cable company and then the grocery store. I, of course, can do those things with Sophie in tow but it's so, so, so much easier and quicker if I don't have to.
Anyway apparently she wasn't the best little angel while I was gone. Megan said she cried for 45 minutes and didn't stop once I left. I wonder if it was actually that long. I sure know that 5 minutes of crying can be like the wind chill index--feels worse than it is! She really hasn't been a baby who cries forever non-stop but hey, maybe she did. I dunno. She also just took catnaps all morning so she may have just been really tired and cranky. And mamma left her with a stranger. When I got home Megan was changing her diaper so I went in there and started talking to her on the changing table and as soon as I did she stopped fussing and looked up at me. Then she was totally fine. I've gotta get her around more folks! I don't want her to have "stranger danger"! Then again I may be over-reacting. Stacy, come on she's only 8 weeks old!
Alright enough of that. Dad and Carol are coming in town on Thursday and staying until Sunday. Then next week Uncle Paul is coming down [from New York] and he gets to see Sophie for the first time ever! That'll be Valentine's Day weekend. Mom and David are coming that weekend too as it is Kaitlyn's 2nd birthday that weekend (that's my little stepniece, my stepbrother's littlel girl). So we are going to have a busy next 10 days!
I'll be doing house cleaning tomorrow as I pray right now for long naps from Sophie tomorrow so I can in fact get some real cleaning done!
No comments:
Post a Comment