Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sore Thighs, Sara the Seahorse & Taxes

Well I think I mentioned before that mom got me a Baby Jogger from Goodwill for a mere $25! Yeah it was a steal! Anyway she brought it down last weekend when she came. I'm so excited. The tires are low, close to flat really, so I decided yesterday that I'd bundle Sophie in there and we'd jog to the little po-dunk gas station around the corner to air up the tires there at their air station.

I also wanted to use my new Alpha Pac hands-free leash system that I got for this purpose. I actually got it when I knew I was getting my Baby Jogger so that I could do a doggie class for moms and their dogs while the kid is in tow! So I packed up Sophie, put on my Alpha Pac and chose to take Noah with me. We headed down the street. It was cool and windy. I jogged to the end of the road. Ok, folks we all know that I haven't jogged anywhere but to the refridgerator in about 2 years. So, I was really huffing. But I wanted to get there and then speed walk back. We got to the gas station and discoverd they didn't have an air station. Oh lovely. So I huffed home with the tires about to blow. I know that couldn't have been good for the tires! Anyway, so our first journey was short-lived. We'll try again tomorrow. I got a bike pump now and we aired the tires up ourselves at home!

So due to my triathelete body I was sore today. My thighs hurt. You know the kind where you walk and look like you've been horseback riding for a few days? Yeah, that's how I felt this morning. I don't know if I mentioned that I did Jillian Michaels workout beofore I went jogging. She's one of the trainers on The Biggest Loser TV show. Yeah, she has to whip some large folks into shape so she doesn't mess around.

Today Megan came over to watch Sophie while I was supposed to meet a client but the client rescheduled for Thursday so I ended up with the day off. I had some errands to run so I went to Target to get some things. I found a gift card to Target in my purse so I took care of all my needs there. I also bought this cute little toy for Sophie. I couldn't resist. Remember the old Glo Worm? Well they don't make them anymore, just versions of their own but none of them are like the old one. Anyway they have this cute little seahorse that has a glo belly like the worm when you push it. It sings little sweet lullabies. She's of course too young right now to appreciate it but she'll sit in her bed until she's old enough to snuggle with her. And it's the same series as her Gertie fish that sings her to sleep. I named her Sara.

Well I'm off to do taxes. I have to do my 1099s for Misty and Michelle since they are independent contractors for me . . . ugh, what joy!

3 comments:

  1. Did you buy the Jillian MIchaels DVD we have or the bootcamp one? I want that one too. Its good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither she has workouts on my OnDemand. It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new jogger is just like Allison's one seater that she got for Delaney almost 9 years ago. She said her clients, who all have new tricked-out joggers with all the bells and whistles, comment on how much they like hers because it is so much lighter and easier to steer. Way to go, Grans!

    ReplyDelete