Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Flitter Flutter, Shawshank Redemption & Smiling Sophie

I found the neatest, simplest decoration for my living room . . . of course at Target. It is a set of plastic butterflies. I love my new mirror over my fireplace but it seemed like it still needed something added without over doing it. I found these and instantly grabbed them up!

I won't tell how I hung the butterflies. It's a secret. Don't they look like they are floating? They are migrating across my fireplace.

Yesterday I was toiling away on my newsletter for my business at the kitchen table at my laptop. The dogs were all outside, except for Amos (shocking yes, he was asleep on his bed). Anyway, Jake never barks outside except when Trevor gets out of the fence! It's kind of nice because if we hear Jake we know something is wrong. He goes totally nuts. He barks in this frenzied way and paces the fence area where Trevor escaped. Yes, Trevor has dug out a few times. Anyway, so I'm working and I hear Jake go nuts. I jump up and for the first time I catch Trevor as he is halfway under the fence. I yell from the patio, "Trevor! Where are you going?!!'" I see a little white butt and tail start wiggling their way back onto the correct side of the fence. I walk over and he squirms through and looks up at me. His little beard was filled with dirt. And he prances over to the back door. I walked up the fence and found other holes, his attempts to pull a Shawshank Redemption type escape. He's been doing this for a while just without the help of Rita Hayworth . . .

So I felt that my dogs aren't getting enough exercise and attention. So I saddled up Noah and Trevor and put Sophie in her jogger stroller and we all went for a nice brisk stroll. The dogs loved it and so did Sophie. She loves to look at the world! Here are Noah and Trevor after the walk. Noah was a bit tired, he does have more hair to make him hot faster. It was very warm out on our stroll. I mean I was sweating.

Alright this morning I got a cute video of Sophie smiling at me. Sorry it takes her a little bit she got distracted with the camera before she started to respond to me again. But she's super cute.

1 comment:

  1. I love her pink tongue peeking through her smile!

    ReplyDelete