Sophie is 12 weeks old now! Can you believe it? We are very excited. She gets more fun everyday. She really likes sitting up and looking around.
She can sit in her Bumbo chair and even in the portable highchair we have attached to the edge of our table! Well she doesn't sit to the liking of Emily Post but she can sit nonetheless!
I put her colorful rings in front of her and she sat in that highchair for about 15 minutes, happy as a pig in mud! She's really interested in toys now and especially colors and lights.
She loves her new Sara Seahorse bedtime pal. On Thursday night she woke up at 1am (we think she's going thru the 3-month growth spurt because she's doing this and eating a lot more) so I went in to feed her. I put her back in her bed and usually I walk out and let her go to sleep. For some reason I decided to stay and watch her. I stood at the top end of the bed so she couldn't see me. I had pushed Sara's belly to make it light up and sing. She stared at her for quite a while and then reached over and started to touch her. It was so cute. She looked like she was petting her as her tiny little fingers tried to desparately grab onto her wide, soft face. She did this for 5 minutes or so and then got heavy eyes and fell asleep. So every night when we put her to bed I snuggle her in and then put Sara next to her with her belly lit up and she sings her to sleep.
I also got her a darling little Panda from the wonderful company Lamaze. They make some really great stuff for babies and toddlers. Anyway, I named her Patty. Sophie seems to really like her too. She's got big ole orange eyes and she holds a little teether ring with some dragonflies and a ladybug on it. In the other hand she has a set of flowers that are colorful and crinkle when you touch them. I hung her off of the arch that goes over her swing and she watched her and tried to grab at her for about 20 minutes.Ok. I'm off to train yet another doggie . . . tonight David and I get to go see a movie while Grandma and Grandpa Greer watch Sophie--yippee!
in that pic of her with Sara she looks like Kelton to me. More than she has before.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, 12 weeks!!! Where has time gone??? She is so stinkin cute! I loved our jogging stroller....but we can't use it much now (no place to hold her snacks, haha!) Love our afternoon walks!
ReplyDeleteThere is definitely something about her that looks like Kelton. Maybe it has something to do with their mothers being idential twins!!
ReplyDeleteWow! I can't believe that it has been 12 weeks already! She is already getting so big!
ReplyDelete