Sorry folks that it has been a week since my last post! I've been insanely busy, which of course is good for us. Apparently dog training is still in order for many folks--yippee for me! I had clients everyday but Tuesday of last week and then I did take off on Saturday since Mom was going to be in town.
My brother-in-law, Paul, came to town on Thursday and stayed until today. He lives in New York City. He has never met Sophie so he was very excited to meet her and of course he fell in love. David spent the weekend with him, naturally, so he was happy to know he could go to the Forth Worth Gun Show with his dad and brother instead of the Chuck E Cheese birthday party on Saturday.
Saturday mom and David (stepdad) came into town for Kaitlyn's 2nd Birthday party--that is my stepniece (my stepbrother's little girl). Tracy, Kelton, Sophie, mom, David (stepdad, hubby is at the gun show at this point) and I met at Chuck E Cheese on Saturday. Wow, that place is a madhouse! I got a picture of Kaitlyn but it was at the party's end and she was very tired so I couldn't get her to look into the camera. But she's darling. She had a good time. I bet she slept well that night too!Kelton also had a good time as he rode on Bob the Builder's tractor. We got a little video snippet of it. He was moving the steering wheel around but he stopped as soon as I started videoing . . . so this is what I got of him. Sorry it's insanely loud in the background.
Sophie was not sure what to think and mom held her most the time and walked around with her. She fussed a little and then she fell asleep in mom's arms. Poor thing was completely thrown off schedule. And to top it off her mommy was neglectful and realized that her diaper bag filled with bottles and diapers was sitting on our kitchen table back home. Yes. She had nothing. Lucky for us we have cousin Kelton who isn't much older and his mommy is more prepared and realizes she has a baby when she leaves the house. She even has milk and diapers with her most times.
We were right across the street from the Grapevine Mills Mall so we went there after the birthday bash to the Carter's outlet to get the babies some new clothes. Mom went with us, David (stepdad) went to do some work and Susan (my mother-in-law) met us there. Talk about nuts. You would have thought it was the day before Christmas. The mall was absolutely crazy. You couldn't walk in there! We made our way around the mall to the Carter's store, after a stop at Gymboree and The Children's Place first. We got some really cute stuff thanks to Grans and Grandma Greer! But the day had some set backs . . . .
First, back to the neglectful mom (er, that's me) Sophie was due for a feeding. She was actually past due by about an hour. Tracy had a bottle of Kelton's that he hadn't finished with about 3 ounces in it so I said I'd try that. We thought she may lose it all because he is on a stage 3 nipple of course and she's only on a 2. She seemed a bit confused at first because he drinks a different formula but then she drank it all right away and didn't spit up or anything. So we were ok there aside from the fact that the poor thing needed a diaper change and a nap really bad . . . we headed out thinking we all had a great day but we got to my car and couldn't find the large bag of clothes that mom had bought for Kelton. She bought probably 10 little outfits for him and we couldn't find the sack anywhere. So, mom said she was going back in the store to see if she left it at the counter at Carter's. I drove around the parking lot with Sophie in tow and Tracy headed home with Kelton to get him ready to come to my house for the evening since he was spending the night . . .
Mom came out of the store empty handed. They hadn't seen it anywhere. We even asked lost and found. Someone must have just taken off with the bag. Why can't people be honest anymore these days? It's just horrible. Anyway so poor Kelton didn't go home with many clothes while Sophie made out like a bandit because Susan had purchased most of her clothes in Carter's so we had a different sack.
Well this of course was Valentine's Day so mom and David said they'd watch both of the babies at my house while we each went to a nice dinner. Tracy, Andy and Kelton came over around 6pm and dropped off the little guy. They decided he'd stay the night and they could just go have a night to themselves and then go to church in the morning. I bathed Kelton before he went to bed. He had a real blast in our big jacuzzi tub. Isn't he cute?
Tracy and Andy went to Blue Fish and David and I went to Outback. We came home and the babies were in bed. Kelton was in our office in the port-a-crib and Sophie was of course in her own bed in her room. The pic on the left is Uncle David feeding him before bed.Around 2am Kelton woke me crying. I could hear muffled crying through Sophie's baby monitor and then discovered the monitor in her room was picking up his cries from the office. I thought to myself that mom would take care of him but then he just kept crying. So I went into the living room where mom and David were sleeping on the couch. Mom said she didn't know what to do and she was trying to see if he would cry himself to sleep but she was worried because it wasn't really working. So I said I'd go in there and see if possibly because I sound a little like Tracy that he may calm down with me. I got him out of his bed and he was just really, really upset. I think he just woke up and was a little panicked when he didn't recognize where he was, plus he was really tired. So I walked him around a little and then went in the kitchen. He was still crying pretty hard. Mom and I stood in the kitchen debating whether or not to call Tracy at 2:30am to come get him. We wanted to see if we could get him settled so we wouldn't have to do that. I thought to myself--what about dog therapy?! I'm good at this, right?! I opened our bedroom door where all the dogs were just standing at the door as they were eaves-dropping on us. . . . I grabbed Noah and asked him to come out into the kitchen. Kelton immediately stopped crying. We put him down and Noah licked all over him. Kelton started laughing. Noah kept licking. Then he rolled on his back and made his playful sounds and Kelton was all smiles. We let them "play" for a few minutes and then I put Noah back in the bedroom and mom took Kelton to his bed in the office. He fell right to sleep and slept peacefully until 6:45 am. Then he was just fine. . . . So we had an eventful day on Saturday, like I said!
Susan brought me some pictures of David as a 1-month old infant. I had to scan the pictures and post them on here. It is uncanny how much they look just like Sophie! Look at those! Now of course her cheeks aren't quite that chubby but everything else is the exact same. How do you like that couch from the 80s? Yeah I think it's on craigslist for $10. It comes with a toaster.Here are two adorable videoes of Sophie. The first one is her kicking her legs like Jane Fonda. The second is her famous pouty face. She's so cute.
Noah to the rescue!
ReplyDelete