Monday, November 3, 2008

Job Status, Being Pregnant, Gerard & Football . . .

Well I'm officially not "working". My back is just absolutely killing me. No more doggies but our fuzzies at home. Yeah it's a bit frustrating for me. I'm not the lay-around type and I try to do stuff but then my back starts hurting and I don't get very far. I mean I don't know how one can really say that this is so very normal. Since when was it normal to have chronic back pain, heartburn that makes you feel like you have a true disorder, random belching among others. I mean really, if we suffered from these things when we were not carrying a human inside we'd be diagnosed with something that was "wrong" with us--right? Yeah. I vote for laying eggs. Why can't we lay eggs? I could sit my fat butt on an egg to incubate it and even drink a margarita while sitting atop the egg! What an idea. I'm gonna put my suggestion in the suggestion box and see what response I get for that.

While I'm in pain, David is an awesome help but my anal-retentiveness kicks in and I go back and re-do his stuff anyway! We had a nice little disagreement over folding clothes yesterday. It was funny. We were folding all of Sophie's clothes because I washed them all in the baby detergent. Anyway. He just slopped the folding. No creases, no balancing of the sleeves. It was tragic. So, I told him I'd do them and to just stop. But he insisted he'd do them and so I had to take him thru Stacy's Clothes Folding 101. Yeah poor fellow. He's about to be outnumbered. He folded many onsies successfully, it was a truly moving experience. So with that we finished Sophie's room with all the clothes she has now--finally! All I need to do is vacuum and steam clean the carpet. I have finalized the cuteness of her bookshelf with what we have--books, toys and other gifts we have received. Very cute until she can pull everything off and toss them on the floor! If you notice on the top shelf Sophie has a new friend--Gerard the Giraffe. Isn't he darling? He's from Australia, a woman handmade him. She's one of the great creative shop owners on one of my favorite blog shop sites, Etsy.com. I have followed her site in particular because of all the darling toys she makes for about a year, or more. Finally she had this guy go on sale at an art show in London and I zoomed to the site and he was still available! She usually only makes like 3 toys a year and sells them almost immediately! So I was stoked and I adopted little Gerard for Sophie. Makes me want to sew and make toys. Hey, I could do it. I just need a sewing machine. I've been looking at craft books and want to make some toys and even custom dog collars. I could do this!! So, I may invest in a sewing machine of sorts and start some new crafty projects over the holidays. We'll see . . .

Then there was the game on Saturday. The Texas vs Texas Tech game. Oh my gosh! David was so funny. He was excited in the first half as they seemingly were kicking a** but then when the 3rd quarter began and Texas picked up momentum he began his loud "Awww! Come onnnnn!!! @#$%^&!!!" He scares the dogs because they rarely hear him yelling or any yelling in our house. Only at times of poor football games or losing battles on his computer. Other than that my dogs just don't hear craziness or yelling, so when it happens and it's obvious that it's out of frustration they get afraid. Then on that last play David went nuts. It was funny. I got a pic of him snuggling Noah during the last few seconds of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment