Friday, November 21, 2008

Nearing the End . . . Er the Beginning? . . . .

Well gosh, could this seem to take any longer? This has got to be the longest 9 months of my entire life! I waddle like an overweight duck! I tried to run to my bedroom today to catch the phone before the answering machine got it . . . even that hurt! So, yes, I'm still praying for a Thanksgiving baby!

I'll be 38 weeks on Sunday. We also finish our childbirth classes on Sunday. I keep thinking of things about the class we went over last week and I'm so glad we are doing this! I really feel better now and maybe this Sunday I'll just raise my hand and say, "Can we just go to check-in now and get this over with? Thanks for all the info!"

David and I went to see "Bolt" the Disney movie today. Yes, I know we don't have kids just yet but I had to see it. It's about a dog (and other cute pets). It was very cute. And you all can start your laugh engines now because I even cried in it. Yes, an obviously fake, animated movie . . . made me cry! Geez! These hormones are nuts! David was laughing so hard at me. He held my hand in the movie and leaned over, "I think they'll be ok . . . " Hey. Laugh it up. Go ahead but movies are rarely rated G these days. For all I know they will be killing off these cute little animated characters! -- They have a Little Golden Book out so I added it to Sophie's list! --

Oh and by the way . . . just a note. All the cute little items on the side under Sophie's Wishlist are hyperlinks. For those non-internet savvy folks that means you can click the picture and it will take you to where you can purchase that item. Some of them are on one of our registries but all the books are not. So you can click any of those and find out where to purchase them, just an FYI!

I had a busy day today, considering that I tire out like a 90-year old war vetran. David got off at noon, we went to see Bolt, we went home for about an hour, I fed the dogs, let them out, we went to Babe's Chicken (yummmm) to meet Don and Susan for dinner, we went to Target to exchange some more maternity pants I got, we shopped there for a while and then we went to Garden Ridge to get a Christmas tree . Great news. Out of that I got to see a cute movie, eat good food, pants that fit and a Christmas tree that is pre-lit nonetheless!! Whew!

Tomorrow we'll see how it looks and where it should go in the living room. David is really bummed about putting up Xmas decorations before Thanksgiving but hey, I've already set the DVR to play the Xmas tunes for the dogs when we leave the house. I'm ready! Fa la la la la la la la la!

Don't forget that the Texas Tech/OU game is Saturday at 7pm. We'll be watching that too. Ok. Well I've had a huge day. It's way past my bedtime. David is currently snoring next to me. It's a kind of cute little low snore. We've got our winter flannel sheets on the bed and a Jack Russell Terrier that doubles as a teddy bear whenever you want him to. Nights are cozy . . . . G'night . . . ZZzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment