Well good golly. It's been a week since I blogged! I waited on purpose hoping to have a sonogram pic to scan and show but we didn't get one. So I'll fill you in on the past 7 days' events . . .
Last weekend my family came in town, as Kelton was dedicated at Tracy and Andy's church--Park Cities Baptist last Sunday. We had lots of family here and a fun-filled, busy weekend! My dad stayed a few extra days to "hang out" with me before our lifestyle changes forever!
He left Tuesday morning.
Sunday we went to church and then had a luncheon hosted at the Greer house. Loads of yummy sandwiches from Whole Foods that Carol (that's my stepmom) went and picked up. It was very nice. We all just sat around a bit, ate and mingled. We have food left for weeks. Anyone want a sandwich? It really is some of the best turkey I've had! We've given Amos some of his pills in it, he approves of it too!
After the luncheon David had put the dogs outside and Tracy was looking out the door at them and says to me, "Why does A
mos look so weird?" and I walked over and looked and sure enough he did! His face was all puffed up and then I looked down at him and he had red welps all over his body! So Tracy, Carol and my mom finished cleaning my kitchen and David and I headed over to the veterinary ER on 183. They said it was hives and he had an allergic reaction to something (vet thought possibly a plant or insect bite). His poor little skin was red all over at this point and he looked miserable! Anyway, she gave him an injection of Benedryll and then we were instructed to keep him on Benedryll for 48 hours--8 pills per day since he's so huge!
Well, I'm not convinced that he got into anything or bit by something. Anyone that knows Amos knows that he's not a curious dog and he doesn't roll in the grass or do anything that would get him in trouble. We have absolutely no new plants outside or bedding or anything that may cause him to have some reaction. He's still getting the welps on him daily, not as severe but . . . and he scratches at them. I have no clue what is causing this and so I'm not sure what we'll do. Poor old man, he had a really rough night the other night. He couldn't get comfy and poor David just wanted some sleep and I was not able to go back to sleep after he was up and down for about 2 hours. I suppose we are getting prepared for the weeks to come--weeks of no sleep! Anyway I'll update you all on the big ole Moose when/if we get a 2nd opinion on his issues. For now Benedryll at least suppresses it some . . .
Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. I now go every week until the day is here. She did the first pelvic exam since who knows when. She said that I am dilated 1cm and my cervix is thinned out some. She also said that she felt her head and she's facing down, just as she should be! Just before she examined me we were saying that I thought I'd be having a Thanksgiving baby so after she said that I was dilated and a little effaced she said, "Well . . . you could be having her before December after all! . . . But you never know!" Anyway so maybe, maybe not . . . only time will tell.
For those wondering, we got no estimates on her size she just went on and on about how great I was doing and that everything is just perfect. So that's good! Hopefully we'll get a size estimate on her next time, I'm just curious. I've gained 25.6 lbs now!
My misery continues to climb. I get back pain pretty much just sitting, so I
'm in pain fairly regularly. Sometimes I just ride the wave and others it really makes me cry. I can't walk much without full duck waddle and I feel like I've got a fruit basket I have to carry around. She's very tight and nothing is comfortable! I can take hot (well not too hot) bathes again now (wasn't supposed to do that in the first trimester) so I do that almost every night now. I put my lavender scented bath gel in our jacuzzi tub and sit back. The tub isn't very wide or long even though it is a "jacuzzi" style tub. So while the heat helps the soreness and back pain I can't stay very comfy in there for long.
I do, however, have my tub set for a relaxed setting: candles in the corners and I turn off the lights and light them when I'm in there. David came in one night and flipped on the lights. I said, "hey! you're ruining my mood lighting!" He said, "uh, ok. . . "and then was laughing. I also often have a Jack Russell Terrier sitting over the edge of the tub at me. He hates water but he'll watch me sit in all the bubbles.
David cooked dinner last night while I got to sit on the couch. He made spaghetti and then he cleaned the whole kitchen when he was finished! Thanks, honey! I decided that I couldn't just sit there so I vacuumed the bedroom. Looks great but not a good idea for me. My back wasn't happy with me.
I haven't really swelled up all that much. My feet are a bit swollen but not much. I can still fit my wedding rings on my fingers too. I happened to shave my legs for the first time in well . . . quite a while the other day. I'm quite proud of myself. It was quite victorious. I won't describe the goings on that allowed that to happen but I will say that my legs are now hair free and hopefully it will last until I deliver! Oh, wait that's a few weeks off isn't it? Dang-it!
Well that should do it for now. Tomorrow is Friday which means David has a half day. We decided we are going to go to the movies in the afternoon tomorrow. We haven't been in ages and Daniel Craig is a very attractive Bond. . . .
SO GLAD YOU LOOKED ME UP!!!! and so happy for ya'll and the little bit!
ReplyDeleteI took a relaxing bath and practiced being super relaxed EVERY night the last few weeks! They told me I would delivery early....She was two days late (after laboring for three days). I would do it all again in a HEART BEAT!!! In fact, if I could skip being prego and just do the labor and delivery part I so would! Hope your experience is as awesome as mine.....
and I'll check back about Amos....poor guy! That just sucks, he's such a sweetie!!!
Thanks Kristi! Stephanie Jo is darling! She looks just like you! I can't wait until Sophie is old enough to be fun. My sis had her first baby (boy) in April and he's just darling. He began crawling just today! So I can't wait!!! Stay in touch!
ReplyDelete