Monday, November 24, 2008

Manic Monday

The weekend was tiring. Unfortunately I have not been sleeping well at all. I am totally exhausted by day's end but have a hard time getting to sleep and then I don't sleep in the night well either. But, I can't sleep in late either. My brain tells me I have way too much to do before our life-altering event occurs so I'm all over the place!

Anyway, sadly, we didn't make it to our last half of our childbirth class. I am happy that we learned all about labor and delivery in class last week. This week was going to cover breastfeeding and postpartum. I was more concerned about the labor and delivery process so I'm glad we got that in! Anyway our fee covers any classes they offer at Medical City and so I may try to take another class and also see if I can't get David to do the "Daddy Boot Camp" class for new fathers, taught by fathers. Anyway . . .

On the home front today I woke up at 9am after [finally] getting a good sleep in from about 5-9am. I cleaned house a little and then headed to Hobby Lobby to check out their sales. They had all their Christmas stuff 50% off and so I was very excited! I stayed there for about 3 hours. I walked up, er waddled, and down the aisles picturing where I could put certain things. I left with ornaments for the tree and that was really about it.

Once I got home I was so tired! I just put all the ornaments on the couch for David to see and then plopped down there until he got home! The ornaments are still on the couch until we can get to hanging them on the tree.

However, we did do a project last night made out of a tree branch, twine, and an old pre-lit garland. We don't have a mantle on our fireplace so this project is going to serve as one and hold our stockings! Here is a pic. You can't really tell but it's hanging from the ceiling. The stockings currently on there are the dogs' stockings. It's all we have right now, we are getting some for the rest of us including Sophie!

2 comments: