Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sugar & spice & everything nice . . .

Saturday we had a "girls night" and it was nice. David graciously stayed home with the little one and the pooches while I went to Cheddar's with Tracy, Michelle and Misty. Here is a pic of us. Tracy looks especially giddy.

My little girl was being ever so good at home and she's been sleeping well still. However that night she woke up at 3am and wouldn't, couldn't go back to sleep until 5am. It was a bit tiring. Then she slept from 5am until 10am. Crazy. Anyway, Sunday she got her bath. David bathed her in our big ole tub and I took some pics. Look at those rolls! Little chunker! I was talking to Tracy about how much she eats in a day (24 ounces) and Tracy says, "What? That's how much Kelton gets!" So she's on her way to fitting into all those big girl clothes she has!

I think I mentioned before that I started back to work this week. It's been quite exhausting! I'm going to have to devise something so that I can actually get work done while she's home. Also, poor David had to get his boss to attend some meeting for him so he can watch her while I go see a couple of clients tomorrow night.

Anyway, so we are interviewing babysitters that can come help me a few hours a week and possibly watch her during the daytime for a few hours. Since my schedule is so odd we don't need anyone on a permanent schedule as there are some weeks where I don't even have clients. But for now I've got 6 clients this week and 4 next week, spread throughout the week. I have one wanting to meet during the daytime so she's waiting to hear from me once I get a sitter or something squared away!

These poor girls that we are interviewing will have to pass my "test" and that includes liking dogs as well as babies! There is a website where you can find nannies and sitters and even do background checks on them, so I'm using that site to get a few prospects. There are several TCU and UTA students on there. Some have their photos on their profiles and some of these girls are meeting David's requirements. I'll just say that the 5 foot 7 inch blonde isn't getting an interview.

Little Miss Sophie is getting the flat head so we are trying to extend and do more tummy time. She's ok with it for about 5-7 minutes then she gets frustrated that she can't do more and she begins to fuss. David thought he'd capture it on camera. Poor little thing, look at that red face!

Today I had my first postpardum OB appointment so Auntie Tracy was ever so nice to babysit Little Bit while I went to Dallas for that. I dropped her off at Tracy's house on the way there and called when I was leaving. Apparently Sophie did some crying for quite a while. She doesn't normally do that so Tracy and I discussed and we think her reflux may be acting up again. She hasn't been on the medication for it for a few weeks but Tracy said when she was crying she was really looking like she was in pain. She also only ate half of her bottle and she usually sucks down all of her bottles leaving nothing behind!

So when I got home for her 4pm feeding I gave her the Prevacid she was prescribed and she's been very restful for the rest of the evening. She even went to bed at 10pm--a new victory! She had been going to bed routinely at midnight or about 12:30am. I wasn't liking it even though she'd sleep until 10am the next morning. I'd rather have her with an earlier bedtime and earlier waketime for the day (maybe around 8am). I also hope that she still keeps her long sleep hours during the night tonight since she did go to bed earlier than she normally does. We'll see how it goes. The test will come around 3am, it always does if it comes at all!

Here is my little sweetie sleeping peacefully on her Boppy. Why didn't I think of the Boppy? It's a simple design and yet a top seller on all baby shower gift lists! Sophie takes numerous naps in it and we can also feed her while she's in it and still have one hand free! I ate breakfast this morning with one hand and fed her with the other while she laid next to me in the Boppy on my bed. Noah plopped up there next to her and I had to take a pic. The guys are so good so far and they are even taking well to the lack of attention they are receiving. They get extra bones now and they never got bones before!

3 comments:

  1. I would put Stephanie on her boppy...kinda proped over the side so her arms hung over. It gave her a little more freedom vs just laying her on the floor. I also would play Josh's DVD's (of him reading stories) on the laptop. I wonder if a little Baby Einstein Tummy time with a boppy would do the trick.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelton gets about 28-32 oz, but he sure didn't take 24 oz at 7 weeks! She is a growing girl!! You forgot to mention the photo shoot. IT was a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious profile in that bath photo - cute turned up nose!

    ReplyDelete