I know everyone wants to know . . . so we went to the pedi this morning. Bright and early and on time! I'm going to make you read this whole blog post before you get the numbers. ha ha. First of all I should tell you that my little sweetie did have a fluke night the night before last (oh thank goodness!) and she was even better than ever last night! We actually put her to bed at 6:30pm and she slept until 6:30am! Yeah! Now I did feed her twice during that time period but she slept thru both feedings (what Babywise & the Baby Whisperer refer to as "dreamfeeds") and then I just put her back to bed.I got up at 6:30, fed her and then ate some breakfast and she took her early nap from 7:30am to 9:15am--she didn't wake until I had to strip her down in the pedi's office for her weigh in.
Ok. Ok. Here we go . . . So in the left corner is Sophie Grace, she eats 4 ounces in one sitting, sweet when soothed, cranky when over-stimulated but she can hold her own . . . everyone welllllllllcooooooome Sophie Grace our welter weight champion--22.25 inches tall and
weighing in at a tough 10 pounds 14 ounces you better watch your step! In the right corner is cousin Kelton Andrew. He drools, he screeches, he even giggles in the face of danger but he too can bring something to the ring . . . everyone welllllcoooome Kelton Andrew our feather-weight--27 inches tall weighing in at 16 pounds and 6 ounces--this outta be fun! (The pic of Kelton is actually months old, it just happened to fit the description!)
Here is a more recent pic of cutie pie Kelton, now 9 months old!
Now . . . for more goodies from the Greer household. Last night after I fed Sophie one of her dreamfeeds
I came back into the bedroom and David was bombarded by a hoard of canines. They were all in snuggle mode . . .except for my sweet Jakey who never gets on furniture (his own choice). So I got a pic of him sweetly sleeping on the floor. They are so glad we don't co-sleep, i.e., have the baby in bed with us!Sophie is smiling more and more and she's cooing and making cute little sounds. Dr. Shori did stress the importance of tummy-time and so we have to do that for at least 20 minutes a day. I think I've already mentioned she's getting a flat head from lying on her back so that will help aleviate that and more importantly it will build her motor skills. She does hold her head up really well but she needs to do those little mini-push-ups so she can get used to that and then be on her way to crawling! Ok. We'll wait a while for that! She got her first vaccination today and then the other was an oral gel for the Rotovirus. She made the funniest face when she had to "eat" that, I bet it tasted nasty.
After our visit to the pedi I knew her schedule was completely off so I decided to put her down for a nap just after I fed her. I videoed her preparations for naptime. Isn't she cute? She loves Gertie more and more too. Here she is saying, "Hey, Gertie, do you wanna nap as much as I do? Yeah that's what I figured. . . "Alright I'm off to train some dogs . . .well train some people and their dogs!
What a big girl!! And her bed looks pretty cozy! I would sleep lots if I slept in there too!
ReplyDeleteShe is so dang cute! As Jeanie Miley said once, "It's the only time in her life that chubby legs are cute!"
ReplyDelete