Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Prince and the Pea, Nannies & Good Laundry Soap . . .

I couldn't help myself. I was vacuuming our bedroom for the first time in weeks (geez, you really don't get stuff done with a baby!) and I piled all the dog beds together in the kitchen. Amos was so happy--quadruple padding for him! Everyone who knows our moose knows that he loves some padding. He doesn't lie on hard surfaces. No sir, not him. Most Great Danes, as well as most large breed dogs, have calluses on their elbows from all their weight on hard surfaces. Amos has not a one. David likes to laugh about it because he's so spoiled and he's got no calluses! He just won't lay somewhere like tile unless he's extremely hot. And when you don't get off your butt all day it's hard to get hot. Anyway, here is a pic of him on his mile-high bed! I walked up and said, "The Prince and the Pea!" and took a pic! This is him smiling at the camera. What? You can't see his smile?

On another note. My great little sittercity website has been helpful! We interviewed a possible "nanny" today. Well let's not use the word "nanny". It makes it sound like we live the high life. She's a good babysitter. She's cheaper than daycare that's for sure and I'll only use her 2 days a week. I'm going to have her here on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-1pm so I can either take clients during that time and/or just get things done either at home for work or household duties that need to be done. Her name is Megan, she is 27, lives in Grapevine and has worked with a huge age range of babies and kids. She works in her church nursery every Sunday morning with infants and has for years as her mom is the church nursery director. She's also worked with troubled teens. Oh and she loves animals! She met the boys too and gave them all some love. Amos gave her a good sniff in the face, Noah sat at her feet to say hello, Jake popped over to say hi and then wandered off and Trevor squiggled and wiggled all over the place to say hello. So, I was equally as happy to know she wouldn't have any kind of issue with the dogs!

She also said she'd be happy to do any babysitting jobs in the evening if David couldn't get home from work in time or even if we just wanted to go out and have a date! Of course Don and Susan may fight her for that job unless it's during the week. I may ask her to come this Wednesday evening since it's David's birthday and we can go out then. I wanted to take him somewhere since he deserves it and all for being #1 Daddy and hubby!

I'm really excited about Megan coming to work for us because last week I was a bit distressed since Sophie's growing out of the napping all day long phase. I could hardly shower and found I'd have to do it the night before at around 10pm so at least I'd wake up clean for my clients the next day! I've been staring at dog hair on my floor all week and can't find the time to pick up the vacuum and it's driving me crazy!

David and I never get our own laundry done, so it seems. However, Sophie's got some super clean clothes, burp clothes, bedding and blankets--all the time! I was finding it to be a pain to have to wash our clothes in our detergent and hers in the baby detergent. I actually did a load of clothes in the baby detergent (we use Baby Magic) without thinking about it because I was so used to grabbing that soap for laundry! Anyway, in that load were the all white bath towels that hang in the guest bathroom, er Sophie's bathroom. One day I was in there and noticed the towels next to another of the white towels that was not washed in the Baby Magic. Whoa--the Baby Magic towels were sparkling white! I thought, ok do I call the company and ask for a gig to do a commercial? This is great! Then my excitement left me when I discovered that the Baby Magic is only magic to your clothes, not your wallet. What gives? Maybe I should call the company anyway. Also, for all you mommies with spit up babies--use this soap! No spit up to be seen after a wash! Mind you need to use the hottest water setting but hey, we have no proof that our darling dear spits up like a college student after a long Saturday night!

Well I just finished a week of training dogs, with only one true day off. I am so tired! I haven't worked in so long plus I go home to something that needs to be done or a little girl that needs some cuddles! I had some great little families I started with their pups and I went ga-ga over this Alaskan Malamute puppy I started. His name is "Zepplin" as the husband is a huge fan of the band and the puppy is so flippin cute! He's 45lbs of fluff and he's only 16 weeks old. He'll be around 120lbs full grown. They look like huge wolves, only fluffier, when they are full grown. I'll have to get a pic. Sorry, I don't have one. But I do have this great video I just snagged. I got up to go to the bathroom and found this in my bedroom. And yes, that is Noah lying where I'm supposed to be! Plus, who can ignore that sound? (turn up your speakers!) It's nuts. Sounds like a dump truck dumping giant rocks. (Sorry about the other clicking sounds, I have no idea what that is from, probably a camera man error.)

1 comment:

  1. http://www.21stcenturydental.com/smith/sleepapena_tapappliance.htm

    ReplyDelete