Friday, January 16, 2009

A Papoose & a shower . . .

Well I wanted to wait to blog with some fun items. It's been a long week. I started 6 new clients this week so David and I discovered the joy of juggling our schedules. We will need to work all that out . . . anyway . . .

Sophie's been a little difficult this week. She's not great at napping in the daytime and she gets overtired and I find it almost impossible to get her to sleep. She gets uber fussy because she's so tired but won't sleep. So I finally got the front pouch sling, I call the "papoose" and put it on. I put her in it and walked around with her. She loved it. She looked around and was just kind of mesmerized. I was able to go outside and play with the dogs while she watched. I took the camera and took pics as best I could with her attached to my front! Isn't she cute? She's like "whoa, what is that?!" That kept her nice and happy for a while. Then David came home, I handed her over and went to my client's . . .

She is still sleeping beautifully during the night. The norm has been asleep by 11:30pm, wake at 6:30-7am, eat, go back to sleep until 10am. It's been great. I've been able to sleep in as I stay up late on the computer doing work once I get home, or wash bottles, or clean spit-up infested baby clothes. Pick your poison, I only get to do it late at night. So, anyway it's nice to have her sleep so late because David feeds her at the early morning feeding while I get to stay in bed and then I don't have to get up until 10am to feed her!

Today (Friday) Susan's teacher friends had a belated baby shower for us at Susan's school [in the library]. It was very nice and we had cake, punch and some cookies! We got some really cute gifts too. Sophie did pretty well. She was watching and looking around at first and then she got overstimulated quickly and got extremely upset. Also, she had a crappy day of napping before that . . . But for now here is a slideshow of her shower. (put your cursor over a pic & you'll see a description)

For the first time this morning she didn't go back to sleep at 7am after David left for work. She also didn't get to sleep after that until 12:30pm! Yes, that is waaaay too long for her to be up. She needs a 2-hour nap at least and she's supposed to only have about 30-45 minutes of "wake time" or she will get over-tired and then we go into that cycle of not sleeping and then it turns to the fussies. It's no fun at all. I couldn't get one thing done today and I was so afraid I wasn't going to be able to take a shower and get dressed for the shower by 3pm! When she finally fell asleep at 12:30 I waited for about 15 minutes to be sure she was asleep and then I took my shower and cleaned up the house some.

I think David and I will go to a movie tomorrow night and let Sophie stay with Grandma and Grandpa while we are there. Gotta love the Grandparents living locally!

1 comment:

  1. I remember how hard it was when Allison quit going right back to sleep after that first morning bottle - I've always been a late night person and like to sleep in. With Emily, I had to get up anyway.

    ReplyDelete