Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bunny Slippers & Icicles . . .

Today is a bunny slipper day! I didn't want to get out and drive to Keller tonight so I rescheduled my client. And I'm tired too and I wanted to keep my bunny slippers on all day!

Well we had to reschedule our 2 month check-up for tomorrow (Thursday) since the roads were so bad. I actually got up at 7am (Sophie's regular waketime & first feeding of the day), fed her and then put her down for her early a.m. nap. She was asleep and I knew I had to get in the shower then so I'd have time. We were supposed to be at the doctor's at 10:15am. I had called at 9am to ask about weather cancellations, etc. and their answering system indicated they were closed. So I thought I'd call back at 10am, most things were opening then. Well I laid down to get some shut-eye at 9am and thought I'd just rest for 30 minutes . . . I woke up and it was 9:55 so I called the pedi's office and they said I was scheduled as before at 10:15. Great. They are in Grapevine and it's about a 25 minute drive on a good day. I knew I'd never be there in time. I hadn't even woken Sophie yet and all that. Oh well, I thought, I'll give it a go. I have tons of questions for them and I want to know how big she is!!! So we bundled up and hit the road . . . after I de-iced my car with 2 pitchers of warm water. Green Oaks was blocked off and we had to take a detour. The detour took us south and then back east toward Collins. Of course lots of folks took the detour. We sat on this road that intersects Collins for 20 minutes. I knew we'd never make it and at this point it wasn't worth it. So I called and rescheduled. So there is that story . . .

I was quite frustrated and in a sour mood after I had gotten all dressed and took 10 minutes to get my car warm and ready. Also Sophie decided last night she'd be awake during the night for the first time since she was about 5 weeks old. I have no idea what the deal was but she woke up at 2am and didn't go back to bed until 3:30 then again at 4:30am and didn't go back to bed until 5:30. Then she slept until 7am and woke herself then, which she usually doesn't do at that hour either. She wasn't fussing really, just out of boredom. Her reflux wasn't acting up and she wasn't hungry. David fed her at one interval and she still lay there awake and ready to play. I went in and tried to get her to sleep at about 2:30 after David had fed her and she was still awake. She was just staring into space and looking around. So I just put her in her bed at about 3am and let her fall asleep on her own. She cried a bit, maybe 15 minutes and then went to sleep. When she woke up at 4:30 I just let her go back to sleep and didn't get her out of her bed after checking on her and realizing she was ok. She fell asleep again on her own after several minutes.

So needless to say I was very tired this morning and not in a good mood. We got home around 10:30 after our failed attempt on the roads and I fed her and put her in her bed to nap. We both slept from about 11am-2pm. It was so nice! Ahhhh. She's been a perfect little angel today. She's napping now, being a good girl. I sure hope last night was some fluke and it's not a new pattern. We'll see. Tomorrow we have to be at the doctor's by 9am so we'll be up and at 'em earlier tomorrow. Thank goodness we won't have to battle ice on the roads. Here are some pics of our yard at 4pm after most of the ice has melted. Do you like our fence? Isn't it lovely? Yeah it's on our "house priority list" along with fixing our busted valve in the yard and cleaning out our gutters. I think they are up there with my "lose all your belly fat". Yip that's a list that should probably be appropriately labeled "Things you want to do but know you never will . . ."

Well I'm off to vacuum. Dog hair builds up around here in a matter of hours . . . note to dog folks: short hair on a dog does not mean no shedding! Labrador Retrievers shed enough hair to make wigs for those in need. But they are sweet as pie . . .

1 comment:

  1. Um yeah I can attest to the Lab hair. We often grow othe small dogs around the house.... Sounds like all's well with you guys! Sophie is adorable and getting so BIG! Speaking of Big, I'm bigger by the day myself. Still looking at April 11, so I have a little ways to go! Hope to see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete