Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Nannies, Birthdays, Jammies, Purple Bathes & Dog Tricks . . .Oh my!

Well tomorrow our "nanny" will be here for the first time. Again, her name is Megan. I called some references she gave me of some families that have and still do use her services. They said really good things and both said that with their kids (they neither currently have infants) that what they liked best was that she never sat on the couch and watched TV, she actually played and interacted with their kids. She said she'd bring over arts and crafts and other fun things. So that's good to know. One lady said, "She truly seems to have your kid's best interests at heart . . ." So I think this will be good! I'll let you know tomorrow how it went our first day . . . as I have it marked on my Outlook calendar "Nanny Day". I'm excited because I get to vacuum and mop and steam clean carpets all in one day--finally!!!

Today is David's birthday. {insert me in a party hat singing here} He's 28, old fellow, I know. He got home around 6pm and we went to Chili's. Sophie ate before we left so she slept the whole time we were there. Also she had a horrible nap day [again] so that helped. So much for the fun-filled night I wanted to have to celebrate. Actually David wanted to get home quickly anyway, the season premier of "LOST" was on at 8pm and David was dying to see it. Although we have TiVo he still likes things in real time . . . hmmm.

I did get her some new clothes at Target the other day. She has no more pajamas that fit her. She is wearing either 0-3 months or 3 months. I actually got out her pajamas last night and had her on the changing table. I thought, there is no way this 3 month is going to fit, it's too long! But no, it fit her perfectly! Yes--big girl!! I'm very, very anxious for her 2 month pedi visit next week (Wednesday, the 28th) to see how much she's grown in inches and how much she weighs! David and I have guesses. Her last weight and measurement was taken on December 15th and she was 7 lbs 10 oz, 21 inches. I'm going to say she is 10 lbs 5 oz and 24 inches. David says. 10 lbs 8 oz, 26 inches. We'll let you know! Here she is in one of her new jammies.

So I took a nice hot bath this late evening. I used my dissolvable bath ball that is purple, so I had a purple bath! Can you see the purple water in this pic? Yeah. Nice, hot, purple bath--ahhhh. Felt good. I finished my book "The Baby Whisperer" [finally] and now I'm going to use it for reference. According to the Baby Whisperer, whose name was Tracy Hogg by the way . . . Sophie is a "Touchy Baby". When we can read her cues and tune into them, act accordingling and in a timely manner, then she's A-ok. Otherwise she's a cranky mess. Yup, sounds like my darling dear. This was taken with my phone one day last week when I thought she was never going to take a nap. Doesn't she look so darling and peaceful? Yeah took her 3 hours to get that way!

Well Trevor wanted to leave you all with something. He got himself a haircut today. Yup, I trimmed him up on the kitchen floor. I took the clippers to him. He had gotten quite fuzzy and so now he's down to being white and handsome again. He wanted to show you his neat-o trick. Here is a clip of him playing dead when you point your "finger gun" at him. But the tail keeps waggin'. Cute eh?

3 comments:

  1. You need to teach him to sneeze, like Brenda's dog. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED that book!!!!!!!!! and it SO changed my life! The next book for you...Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood. I am using it with Stephanie and it has made parenting a strong willed child much easier! Oh, and Stephanie was a crazy easy baby....so I'm sure the next one will be touchy :) She actually plays in her crib every morning while I get dressed, brush my teeth and take the dogs potty....what a sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete