Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mary Poppins.

Sophie is so much fun! She smiles all the time now. The second she wakes up she smiles at me. If I look at her and ask her anything she'll smile at me. She's so cute!

She is teething and she seems to sometimes be a bit miserable but she's been great at night once again. She slept 14 hours last night uninterrupted (we went in and fed her like we always do at 10pm or so). She napped yesterday for 3 hours and today for 2 hours 45 minutes.

I was sick last week and seem to be so behind in everything! But I'm getting back on track and also on the fast track to finding another nanny for us! We did the math and daycare is the same amount so we have opted to do a nanny because she will clean the house some too (that's enough for me to get one!). I've interviewed one nanny Monday, and had another one today. I got a little hard-core with the interview process as I think it was my fault that I have been through a couple now. I didn't do the homework just right and so now I'm doing it as I should have from the beginning. I made a web page with our info on it and then an online application that the potential nanny can fill out. It's great! All the applicants have said how much they love the online app and that it's a great application! {Pat on the back} (You can check it out by clicking here if you so desire.) We'll let you know who gets the prize. I have one other girl I'll interview this weekend and then I'm going to decide. They are all great, according to the answers they gave on their online application (and I asked some hard questions!). I made a binder with each girl's application, highlighted parts that stood out, and then made a sheet at the back to list strengths and weaknesses. I'll compare and discuss with David, then we'll decide.

We have also discussed that we want to send Sophie to Montessori school when she turns 18 months (earliest you can send them). So we'll have a nanny for a year and then send her to school for a few days a week. I know cousin Kelton starts his Montessori in 6 months! Big boy! Anyway . . . I go tour two schools in the next few weeks to watch a classroom in action and see what I think of the Montessori philosophy and how they conduct their programs. I'm excited about Sophie going somewhere to grow and learn in a manner that we feel is best for her!

Tracy watched Sophie for an hour for me the other day while I went to a client's. She got this cute pic of Oliver and Sophie. Oliver is really good with Kelton and Tracy thought that he was even more gentle with Sophie. She said, "I think he knows she's a girl, he was so sweet to her!"

David is doing really well with his Biggest Loser contest. He lost 3 pounds already and is working hard every night before bed. He has a program that a guy at work has on DVD called P90X. So he watches it on his computer and works out in the office. We also inherited David's Grandpa's workout bike. I need to pedal while David lifts weights!

Well Dad comes into town tomorrow so I'm going to clean up some. He's staying with us! Yippee, he hasn't stayed here before! Ok. Well I'm off to clean . . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hello Stacy. That is what i said when i saw that very first pic of sophie. that face looks like you!!

    ReplyDelete