Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Giggle Box.

My dad was here for the weekend and then I've been trying to get stuff done around the house and with work . . . so I fell behind on blogging . . . but the weekend was filled with fun since Dad stayed with us for the first time! I know he had to sleep on our crummy futon but we liked having him on this side of town!

Sophie has been a bit off of the usual that we've known. She's woken up a few times in the night just crying her head off. Poor baby she almost sounds like she's had a bad dream or something. I just go in and give her snuggles, she likes snuggles and hugs. I know she's teething but I think she has a little bit of a cold or something. She's been pretty congested and speaking of . . . she had her 6-month check up last Friday (May 29th) and the doctor said she was congested and we could give her kid's Benedryl. But the good parts are her stats! She weighs 15-lbs, 12-oz and is 26" long. That's more than 1.5 pounds in a month! She was 14-lbs, 6-oz at 5 months when we went for her shots!

We've always had Sophie sleep in her own crib since she was brought home from the hospital and so she's never been able to sleep in bed with us. By that I mean we even brought her to bed a couple of times in the mornings and she would be restless and not sleep. So, we've never really tried it but those couple of times. Anyway Monday night it was thundering pretty good over here, loud claps and such. Amos was a basket case. Well at about 5am the rain started along with the thunder and then Sophie woke up crying pretty hard. I don't know why but she did. So I went in there and was going to feed her and then thought--I don't think she's hungry, let's see if she just wants some snuggles--and I took her to our room and put her in bed with David and I. David grabbed her up and snuggled her right next to him and she went straight to sleep until 7am when David had to get up for work. She was so darn cute. We were all happy that we got to snuggle with her in bed. Although I was not asleep from the minute I put her in bed with us because I was worried I'd roll over on her or something so I never really went back to sleep fully after that. Regardless, I liked being able to snuggle up with her close.

On another note about our little princess . . . the nanny search is over! I've found a nanny! I interviewed 4 great candidates and narrowed it down to this one. She has a great, witty and fun personality that is very easy to warm up to and get to know. She loves dogs. She has lots of experience with babies and kids. She is very punctual, like 10 minutes early (that Hiebert blood in me doesn't do tardy). . . . and she lives about 2 minutes away from us, an added bonus! Anyway we were supposed to go eat dinner last night with David's good buddies, Taylor and David Lippe (and his wife) and we weren't able to meet them until 8pm. Well I was not going to go because I didn't want Sophie out past her bedtime because she's not been in bed early enough for the past several days due to our crazy schedules. Then I said, "Well I can call Kelsey and see if she can babysit." So I called her last-minute and she was so great! She said she'd do it. Sophie was asleep at 7pm and so she was already asleep when she got here but she got to hang with the furkids and watch TV. Well we got home around 9:30pm and she said Sophie never got up. She played ball with the dogs (eh-hem, Trevor), folded all of Sophie's laundry and put away all the dishes that were cleaned and still in the dishwasher! Whoa--so she's hired! She is actually going to do a "trial" day next week just in the case that for some reason I don't feel that it's a match but I'm feeling good about her so I think we've found our gal! So looks like Miss Kelsey will be our nanny! Hooray!

Now to end this on a note that will keep you smiling. Last evening after David got home he was doing his usual playing with Sophie and I was in the kitchen. I suddenly heard Sophie absolutely cracking up from the other room. We've made her laugh and giggle but I've never heard her laugh so hard and genuine. I went into the office and David had her in the port-a-crib on her tummy. He was just making a "boo!" sound and she thought it was the funniest thing ever. I got it on video. Way too cute. You can hear David and I cracking up too . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment