What a great Monday this turned out to be! I had the day off, I usually try to keep Sundays and Mondays dog-training-free. Anyway, Tracy came over around 10:30am and she was sans Kelton (he goes to daycare on Mon-Tues) so we decided to take a nice walk to River Legacy Park just down the street. This is a gorgeous park. Here is the description of it off of their website . . .
River Legacy Parks is a 1,300 acre oasis on the Trinity River in the heart of north Arlington. The Parks currently offer more than eight miles of paved trails winding through thick forest and expansive greenbelts. . .
Well we walked for about 45 minutes and then headed back home to go get David for some lunch. Sophie passed out halfway through our walk. She had her shades on and we had some cute pics of her passed out with her head propped by her fat cheeks on her shoulders, slumped down in my jogger stroller.
After we got home from lunch I let the dogs out and was about to feed Sophie. Heard a knock on the door. It was my neighbor. She says, "I think your dogs are out . . ." and I look and only 2 of my 4 are around. Jake and Trevor had busted through the fence we share with the neighbors on the left. It was only a matter of time. That fence is rotten and disgusting. Four boards busted and Trevor and Jake busted right through. Why Noah didn't follow I have no clue but the poor neighbor's husband had taken off down the street after Jake and his wife said, "The little guy went that way" and just pointed in the other direction down the other street. I went down that street to get Trevor. I wasn't too worried, he comes back as soon as he hears me, Jake likes to travel! Trevor was about 8 houses down. I called him and he came running to me, tongue hanging out. Then the neighbor came up the street holding onto Jake's collar. So we got the dogs inside and I went out to fix the fence with the small-gauge wire we had. It looks hideous but it keeps the dogs in.
After that Sophie only ended up napping for about 45 minutes so we went to Southlake to get some stuff and then hit up a Starbucks on our way back home. Sophie was happy as a clam to get out of her car seat and just hang out in mommy's lap at Starbucks. Tracy got some video. Folks please keep your eyes on the baby. Mommy had jogged in the heat and mended a fence and didn't shower. Eyes on the baby . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment