Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Sophie is loads of fun. She squeals, she spits, she kicks her little chunky legs. She's just adorable. She has David in her pocket, it's ever so cute. He emails me during the day and says--send pics, I want to see pics of her, they make me smile!

We are moving along nicely with our foods. She loves peas and green beans. She isn't so keen on the apples and bananas. Maybe she'll be a good veggie eater! Sweet potatoes so far are the only ones off the list, at least for a few weeks. She didn't have a bad reaction just really bad poop and a nice, nasty diaper rash to follow.

Speaking of diaper rash, I found a crème that got rave reviews on how marvelous it was--Weleda. I did some research actually when Tracy had mentioned that Kelton had a bad one and she hadn't found a cream that was too great yet. I thought I should buy some as I figured we'd get a diaper rash at some point . . . well, lo and behond! One day before Sophie broke out I got this stuff in the mail. Parents had spoken of its greatness and talked about Desitin being not-all-that. So, after the rave reviews I purchased some and boy were those reviews correct! I'm going to leave one myself (a review, that is) on the website. That rash was gone in 24 hours, not to be seen or missed. I did put it on her the day after at each diaper change to be sure but she has her cute little fair-skinned bottom back! They make skin care products for adults too and I found out later that Target carries it. Also if you go to their website you can get a $5 off coupon.

Sophie's not too bad with tummy time now that she's a big girl and can lift her head up high. I put her on the floor today and put a rubber ducky in front of her. She strained and struggled and finally grabbed him. It was very cute. I had been putting her on our bed for tummy time on her exercise mat but my mom told me that she'd probably be able to learn to crawl better on the floor because the bed is too soft to launch off of with those legs. So we'll be doing floor tummy time now! I had Sophie in my left arm and the vacuum in the right arm. Yup I vacuumed my floor with my baby on my hip. If I had a cigarette hanging from my lip the picture probably would have been whole. I couldn't put her on my floor without vacuuming first!

I'll leave you all with this happy tale. . . . She's so incredibly happy in her jumperoo. It's hilarious. I can (at least for now) get a lot done while she's in there because she'll just entertain herself often for a good 30 minutes or so. I videoed how ecstatic she is in there. She gets so excited that she inhales a lot of air and then she makes herself cough.


No comments:

Post a Comment