Sunday, May 17, 2009

Baby Bloopers.

Another weekend gone. Sophie is growing bigger every day and more fun too! We love to laugh at her funny sounds, spits, screams and vicious leg kicks! She is active and bouncy. She's loving tummy time much better now that she can hold that head up really well and I'm also trying to sit her up with assistance to help her get prepared to sit up on her own unassisted.


Today the weather was remarkable. David decided to mow the grass and so Sophie and I decided to lather up with sunscreen (both used Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby SPF 60). I put her jumperoo on the porch and she stayed there and bounced while I cut some of our bushes and pulled some weeds. After that she got a bath. The sunscreen was pretty thick and stuck on so I decided she needed a bath. She loves her bathes and splashes around like a little duckling!

I took my little mommy mini-vacation to Barnes&Noble this evening. I call my outings to any store "mini-vacations" because they are my relaxation and way to get away. Sad but that's it. So I stay at those stores sometimes for hours just walking at a turtle's pace and looking at everything. When I'm at B&N I just read books and books and then buy the ones I want. Tonight I got a few new books for my baby/parenting library--"The Vaccine Book" by Dr. Sears (because right now I have Tracy's and I know she uses it a lot), "First Meals & More", and "365 Activities You and Your Baby Will Love". Oh yeah, and "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears. Geez, Dr. Sears is like the Pediatrician, isn't he (and his sons)? Anyway . . . he's got some stuff I don't agree on but overall the guy has some really great stuff for parents!

David's company is going to do a contest for money that goes along the lines of Biggest Loser. I'm not sure the time frame but whomever loses the most weight "wins"--obviously in more ways than one! I'm going to join him so that Sophie can be the only one around here with rolls on her!

No comments:

Post a Comment