Well I had my first Mother's Day and am very excited that I get to have many more to come! David took Sophie to Grandma's house Saturday afternoon while I was at work. He wanted to take me to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, we used to frequent the "factory" pre-parenthood so we looked forward to the date!
I was really tired after a long day of working on my feet so we just hung around the Barnes&Noble bookstore next door to the restaurant and then headed home. On Sunday we slept in a little bit but then went to breakfast at la Madeleine's. We had a 2pm reservation for McCormick&Schmick's Seafood in the Northpark Mall with David's parents. We met them there and I got to see my little girl for the first time in over 24 hours. I wanted to give her a big squeeze and kiss on those cute little cheeks!
The lunch was quite yummy but too long for Sophie and it completely threw her normal schedule off and she didn't have but one nap all day (she usually has 3-4 naps a day.) We got home around 4:45pm and she had slept a little in the car but by now she was so over-tired and stimulated that she couldn't get back to sleep. We let her play in her jumperoo for a bit (her favorite) and then fed her and put her down for an earlier bedtime of 6pm (usually it's around 6:30-7pm). She still couldn't get to sleep and finally fell asleep around 6:45.She then woke up just kind of screaming at about 7:30. I was baffled, went in and she sounded incredibly stopped up in her nose. It was like she needed to blow her nose but the poor little thing couldn't. She still cried and cried when I held her so I knew that she was in some discomfort or something. She was exhausted. She started to fall asleep with her head up like you do when you are sitting at a desk and you bob your head. Poor baby.
She couldn't breathe though, she would try to put her thumb in her mouth but when she did that she couldn't breath because her nose was so stopped up and getting worse since she was crying so hard. I used the bulb and tried to suck the snot out of her nose but that didn't do much. Daddy took her and stood in the hot steamy shower with her for about 10 mintues and that seemed to help. She stopped crying for a bit. Then she started again and wouldn't stop and again tried to fall asleep while we held her but couldn't because she couldn't breath well. It was really pitiful. We decided to try to give her some formula and see if she'd wear out eating and fall asleep. It worked and she finally fell asleep around 8pm.
Now rewind a day back to Saturday. Daddy decided to let Sophie watch her Baby Signing Time DVD in her highchair without the tray since it has a 5-point harness. I crack up at this picture. She's really serious. She's learning those baby signs! For some reason I really laugh when I look at this picture! She looks like a man staring at a football game . . .
She looks so big in that high chair and her cheeks look like they need lots of kisses!
ReplyDeleteThey do. We give 'em lots of kisses. :-)
ReplyDeleteShe looks like David watching the Cowboys. Oh wait, she doesn't look mad.
ReplyDelete