Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Well as much as I like rain this week's rain is not doing me any good! I need dry weather for me to be able to do my last minute training outside with Harry! His huge debut is this coming weekend and I've been a crazy nervous wreck . . . hence the long lapse in updating the blog.

We are still working vigorously on song choice for Harry's performances. We have to do a 90-second part and then if we make the finals that will be a 3-minute performance. I've gotten lots of ideas and gone through several songs but I just can't find one I really like. So I'm fretting, of course and also Harry's not top-notch on all his stuff yet and we only have 6 days left! Anyway . . . I'm off to train him after I post this!

Sophie's been a cute little doodlebug. She is absolutely head over heels for Stewart, her teddy bear. You give her Stewart and she grabs him and goes nuts. I tried to get it on video last post but failed. I think I got it here.


She's just cute as a button and we laugh at her and love her more and more everyday!

Well I was like a kid at Christmas this weekend. I got a new bike! Thanks Santa! No wait, it was my amazing in-laws! For those who've kept up with me you know that I have been riding my bike almost daily for about 2-3 months now and I've been using my friend's bike. While it got the job done it is an old Schwinn Cruiser and it's not very good on any kind of incline, even the slightest bit. It's also a bit harder because I have a dog attached to my bike too, but now I have a new bike! The in-laws bought us each a bike for an early Christmas. They're awesome and they handle hills like a champ! David and I got matching so we can start to ride together and our next step is a baby bike trailer so we can pull Sophie along too.

So that was Friday . . . today we cleaned out our garage. It looks a ton better but we still need more things moved out. However I can now stand in there without thinking I'm at a garage sale. We turned it into my training arena for Harry and worked on him in there since it's so wet and muddy out.

Well wish me luck this starts the countdown to Harrys' big event and we are working diligently on his routine. I actually just trained him halfway through writing this post so . . . I cannot tell you how difficult it is to teach a dog a cool routine to music and have it look good and the dog doing things on cue! I guess I've taken for granted being a dog trainer. This is incredibly difficult and I'm proud of how far Harry's come. He's a smart fellow and he's going to be a fun dog to show off to people since he knows so many tricks now! I think he knows, not counting obedience commands, which he knows sit, lie down, come, stay, walk nicely on leash, leave it, don't pick up food that's dropped on the floor (that's not a command) . . . plus 12 new fun tricks. That's all I can count, he may know more---whoa! Go Harry . . . and go me!

2 comments:

  1. AWWW!! Look at the sweet cousins playing together!! Love the new wheels - you HAVE to get you one of those little pull behind cars. If little Miss Sophie likes it half as much as T.J. likes his, you'll want to take her out all the time! Did you ever think we would become these people pulling little baby carts behind our bikes for family outings - CRAZY, huh??? Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete