Well Tuesday evening of this week our washer over-flowed again! Yup. I walked into the kitchen and almost fell on my butt. I was like what is all this? I look down and saw the floor filled with about 2 inches of water! I knew exactly what it was and David came running. We used every towel in our house and saved it from hitting our bedroom or the living room. It got part of the dining room and all of the kitchen.
Of course we corralled the dogs outside whiel we were trying to clean up. It was about an hour and the dogs aren't used to being outside that long. So they started barking at the neighbors or something and David was already frustrated (as was I) and he walked to the back door and hit it with his hand to shut the dogs up. Well he hit one of the little glass panes in the first door and it shattered everywhere. David cut his hand and glass fell and cut his foot too. His foot wouldn't stop bleeding and he began dragging blood all over the house. I was saying, "Stop walking! You're getting blood everywhere!" It looked like a bad horror house that had OJ over for dinner.
I was so frustrated. It was nearing 11pm and I knew that we would be up all night cleaning this mess up. All of our towels were now soaked and we still had inches of water covering the floor. I called Tracy to see if they had a Shop Vac. Of course Andy did and he was so nice he brought it over at 11pm! So we sucked the rest of the water up, dried some of the other towels and then I stayed up to mop the floors with bleach water since it was all nasty.
Of course I've been very slow with clients but Murphy's Law had it where I had to be up early on Wednesday to be in Dallas by 9am for a client. I went to bed around 3am and got up at about 7am. After that I had to meet with some Dallas city folk to reserve this park where we are having our "Fall Fido Fest" next weekend. It was a long exhausting night and day. I got home around 1pm and got me a nap. The dogs were willing to nap with me so we slept for about 2 hours.
Anyway . . . so that was Tuesday evening and Wednesday. Thursday has been easier. I didn't have a client until 5pm so I got to clean house this morning and put more of Sophie's things away. We are in need of something to put her clothes in. Since we don't have a dresser she's got a lot of things that need a home. I don't want to hang her onesies or some of her pajamas. Also, our closets all have those stupid shoe racks built in on the bottom so you can't put drawers on the floor of the closet because those darned shoe racks are in the way. So I'm going to have to get creative. . . .
Of course we corralled the dogs outside whiel we were trying to clean up. It was about an hour and the dogs aren't used to being outside that long. So they started barking at the neighbors or something and David was already frustrated (as was I) and he walked to the back door and hit it with his hand to shut the dogs up. Well he hit one of the little glass panes in the first door and it shattered everywhere. David cut his hand and glass fell and cut his foot too. His foot wouldn't stop bleeding and he began dragging blood all over the house. I was saying, "Stop walking! You're getting blood everywhere!" It looked like a bad horror house that had OJ over for dinner.
I was so frustrated. It was nearing 11pm and I knew that we would be up all night cleaning this mess up. All of our towels were now soaked and we still had inches of water covering the floor. I called Tracy to see if they had a Shop Vac. Of course Andy did and he was so nice he brought it over at 11pm! So we sucked the rest of the water up, dried some of the other towels and then I stayed up to mop the floors with bleach water since it was all nasty.
Of course I've been very slow with clients but Murphy's Law had it where I had to be up early on Wednesday to be in Dallas by 9am for a client. I went to bed around 3am and got up at about 7am. After that I had to meet with some Dallas city folk to reserve this park where we are having our "Fall Fido Fest" next weekend. It was a long exhausting night and day. I got home around 1pm and got me a nap. The dogs were willing to nap with me so we slept for about 2 hours.
Anyway . . . so that was Tuesday evening and Wednesday. Thursday has been easier. I didn't have a client until 5pm so I got to clean house this morning and put more of Sophie's things away. We are in need of something to put her clothes in. Since we don't have a dresser she's got a lot of things that need a home. I don't want to hang her onesies or some of her pajamas. Also, our closets all have those stupid shoe racks built in on the bottom so you can't put drawers on the floor of the closet because those darned shoe racks are in the way. So I'm going to have to get creative. . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment