Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Notes from a big belly . . .

Well it's that time. My comfort level is down to a minimum. I heard this happens but wasn't looking forward to it. She's taking up a lot of room in there and we both seem to be looking for a soft, comfy place to sit . . . no lay . . . no stand . . . no wait . . . Arrrrrgh!

I try different positions but she is up high and she pushes on my ribcage and all of the other vital organs God gave me. Namely that bladder. Good golly it's a pitiful little organ these days. It tosses bad words at me often and then goes into high gear to produce those gotta-go pains.

There is some joy, however. I find myself laughing out loud and David always misses it. I can see my belly move. Yeah, she's all over the place in there and it's visible from the outside. Looks like a case from the X-files.

When I'm laying in bed Trevor likes to use my belly as a crossover bridge to the other side. I let out a nice little "umph!" when he does it. It's not really often but often enough. I suppose I should be glad it's not Amos!

Well it's super late, or early. Whichever. We are putting a doggie event together and it's this weekend. So I'm up late making signs and other goodies for the event. We are going to have a few adoption groups, some vendors and then fun games, contests and a fundraiser for our therapy dog organization. Misty (one of my trainers) will be in a large dog crate, aka jail, and people will have to pay to bail her out! If you live around here we hope you'll come! Amos is going to be there dressed as something for Halloween. It's Halloween themed and Amos is always my marketing tool! He draws the crowds!

Ok. I have more to do tomorrow . . . er, uh, today. I should catch my ZZZs. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment