As you all know (I think you all do) we plan to have Christmas at the cheery Greer house this year with new baby in tow. We also know that gift-giving for us (me and David that is) will be slim as we will most likely be saying, "What? It's Christmas? Oh geez!" and running on 2 hours of sleep, covered in baby formula and having no shower in 3 days . . . But anyway . . .
I know that everyone will want to buy Sophie all these cutesie girl things and all but I'd prefer you save your money and help us out on things that are more necessity to us all. I'm going to be out of work for about 6 weeks (I'll return as soon as I can) which means we will survive on David's salary alone for a bit. It's already happening anyway as I haven't had any new clients in over 3 weeks and I'm already getting to where it really is difficult (and often painful) for me to even walk a dog with the clients I'm finishing up these days. So, I probably won't be taking on any new clients if I get the chance over the next few weeks unless it's a small puppy or "easy" dog. Anyway . . . for those who are so inclined to get us any gifts --we'd prefer cash for Xmas (yeah so it may be ugly and nasty all wrapped up but it sure does put a smile on a face!) or gift cards to any of the following places: Target or Walmart.
We don't really want much as far as more clothes for Sophie because we have no idea how big she's going to be and we don't want her to get winter attire and never be able to wear it. So we will wait to get her more clothes once we know what will fit her. She has gotten lots of cute stuff already and I hope it all will be wearable because she definitely has come cute stuff!
We would also love books and learning toys for her. I do have a list of books and other things over to the right. I'll add to it as I find things I like. I prefer books and toys that educate and teach rather than look darling on a shelf.
On that note I must admit that I took one of the books off the list that I had on there a week ago because I found it on ebay. It came yesterday in the mail and it's the cutest story ever. It's called "Amos: The story of an old dog and his couch". I couldn't resist. It fit too well with our Amos. Oh my gosh the story is so cute! He's this big lazy dog that doesn't move off the couch and he discovers that his couch can move without him having to get off of it so he takes it around the city. Very cute. David and I loved it and even though the dog in the story is an Irish Setter and not a Great Dane it still fits our Moose all the same. I'm sure Sophie will like the story and we will have it memorized before she reaches the age of 3. David read it to me. The big words were hard for me to read so he held it up like a Kidergarten teacher and read it to me since my reading level is low. David likes to ask if the text in books is big enough for me to read. My book-loving husband that reads 3 books at a time, usually with one being a book on CD in his car. I have no clue how he keeps up with all the stories and doesn't confuse characters . . .Ok. I'm going off on some babbling. Well that's our Xmas wish list for now. Do you need a recap? Ok. Cash, gift cards, and/or educational books and toys for Sophie.
So on a new note . . . . I'm up to 20-lbs total weight gain. She's getting big. I can feel her little rump (I think that's what it is) when I touch the outside of my belly. She sticks to the right side and shoves that bum right up under my ribcage. Makes just about all positions uncomfortable. Thanks a lot, Sophie. Sleeping at night has gotten ok. I wake up religiously every 2 hours and pee, sometimes I can't go back to sleep but usually I can.
I have packed my hospital bag for the "big day". It's actually Sophie's
diaper bag. I love that bag. It's just awesome. I actually found it on ebags as I searched for a more "manly" bag because I didn't want a pink frilly bag and David wanted one that looked cool. This one, unbeknownst to me, was some bag popular with the celebrities. Whatever, it's sweet. So here it is with my bunny slippers waiting for the hospital! Have I told you all that I'm convinced it'll be Thanksgiving week? Yeah. I don't know why but I am. So for those who are thinking we will be with you for turkey we may not but hey, I know you all are saying "yeah right. who knows . . . " But I often have accurate hunches, so you all watch out!The dogs love my nighttime wake-ups. They are usually fast asleep until I'm in the bathroom for more than 20 seconds, then they get up to see what I'm up to. So
then they get to go outside at 4am and see Opossums and nature that they don't see in the day. Yeah, Noah and Trevor discovered an Opossum the other night. I saw it. I was actually standing in the yard with them and this little mamma and her babies trotted along the back of our fence. I know they aren't cute but they are. It was cute until Noah barked and went nuts when he saw her. Poor thing. I thought she was going to plop over on the fence post and play dead! She just hauled across faster. . . .Alright. Well I'll leave you all with all that. Check the list to the right for added ideas for Sophie!
No comments:
Post a Comment