I have lots of videos of Sophie. Some of them are a little long but she gets cuter toward the end of all of them so watch them all the way through!

School has been great. She's been wonderful transitioning and we have had no tears since the one time on day #2. She says her teacher's name, Cathi, when we say, "do you want to go to school?" We have received 2 "paintings" she did last week and today she was ecstatic as they all got to go out and splash in water/mud puddles! She loves her new raincoat and walks around saying "coat" while she has it on. She also loves to wear her backpack and will say "backpack" and "goodbye backpack" when we take it off.
We can already see the Montessori ways rubbing off on her. She likes to put things back where they go when she's finished, she cleans up herself and her area where she eats or plays (she uses a baby wipe and wipes her face and the floor or table), and she finds trash and throws it in the trash can. I must admit that I showed her the trash thing but it's so cute. She'll find a dryer sheet that fell on the floor and she'll get all excited, pick it up and then run quickly to the trash can and look inside, then put it in and look inside again.
I found out that apparently "nap mats" are popular for pre-schoolers for daycare/school. Her school has these puny little mats that look incredibly uncomfortable, so of course I went on an online hunt for something comfy for her to sleep on. I stumbled upon a ton of these "nap mats" that were handmade on Etsy (of course!). The one that caught my attention the most was this super plush, ultra-comfy looking mats that this woman and her sister make; and they happen to live in Dallas! This one was the most comfy looking one of all and had the pillow and minky blanket built-in. It rolls up neatly and has a carrying handle and her name embroidered on the outside. The inside is memory foam mat.
It's so nice David said, "Oh my gosh, can she make some for adults?!" Anyway, she likes to sit/lie on it to watch her little shows too.
I took this pic of her to send to the lady for something to put on her website. She was so excited and loved the hubby comment! For you mommies out there here is the website, Gwen's Eden, and a slideshow I did of the different angels of the mat.Now onto Sophie movies! These are all cute and taken over the past week . . . This one here is me asking her to identify letters on her blocks. It moves onto a mish-mosh of cuteness and her telling me she has peed her pants and needs a diaper change!
This one is her giving kisses away. Amos is being nice but he obviously isn't into giving kisses.
This one is actually from about a week ago. She's watching me do the ASL signs for each letter of the alphabet and then identifying which is which. I even mess up and she still does it right!
This is her just being silly and cute. She bothers Amos a bit but then she gets super cute and starts naming all the dogs. I know our poor dogs seem to always be in their crates but I promise they aren't always in there!
No comments:
Post a Comment