Thursday, September 23, 2010

Oooh La La.

Sophie gets more and more fun each day. This past week she was sick for the first time in forever. Luckily she's a healthy kid, I think she's had sniffles one time before but nothing major. This time her nose was pretty snotty and she had a little cough. I didn't let her go to school on Tuesday, just in case. We raised her mattress and run her cool mist humidifier at night, and give her some allergy meds before bed. She is doing much better.

As you can see, she's adorable. She went and got my hat and the fluffy thing I bought for Harry, the dog I trained last year for an event, and put it on. She said, "Mommy hat. Neck-uce." It was so cute. So we played a little bit of dress-up. She likes to put me and David's shoes on too. That's always cute. I saw one of those little dress up princess things at Walmart the other day and wondered if she'd like it, but decided against getting it, that was before she started playing dress-up. 


On Monday Tracy, Andy, Kelton and Oliver (their Boxer) had to stay with us for a couple of days because their AC was completely out. It was about 92 degrees in their house! That was quite interesting but it was fun. Kelton is so funny, such a little boy and Sophie is a bit dramatic at times when he's bullying her around. He likes to puff his tummy out and just knock her down. I do have to give her some credit, I don't think she was feeling 100% so it made it worse. But for the most part they played and got along.

On Tuesday, since Sophie didn't go to school, Tracy and I took them to the Parks Mall in south Arlington and we let them play at the play area and then ride the carousel. They had fun. Well Kelton ran all around the play area while Sophie would ever so reluctantly go to a little obstacle then run back to me.  She crawled up on the bench and watched the other kids playing. But she loved the carousel.  There is a full-sized carousel in the Food Court and so we took them there to ride.  They weren't so sure at first and then Sophie cried when we had to take her off of it!

 She's so cute now since she says so much.  She got up this morning and Noah was outside barking, she says "Dog barking"  I said, "That's right, that's Noah barking."  She said, "Noah barking."  It was so cute.  Then she says, "Daddy work."  I said no Daddy's in the shower.  So we go into the bathroom and David was out of the shower, she says, "Daddy all clean!"  It was so funny.  Then she told me she wanted yogurt for breakfast and eggs.  She's now in a booster seat that is buckled to a chair at the table.  In her little school they sit at little toddler chairs and a table so she's not in anything like a highchair or booster, but more like a big girl!  So we are trying to model that.  We'll probably get a mini table set she can sit at so she can be a big girl at home too.

She still does a lot of [baby sign language] signs randomly too as she talks.  It's cute.  I sang "You are My Sunshine" to her yesterday and she loved it.  I sing to her a lot but she's never gotten so excited and when I finished she had her adorable little smile on and said, " 'gin, 'gin" while she did the sign for "again".  It was so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment