Let's see . . . where to start . . . with Sophie on the go it's hard to update this as much as I should and that makes it that much harder to remember all the cute things she does--there are so many! She's about to be 21 months and I can't believe it, only 3 months until her 2nd birthday! Whoa!
She's, of course, talking like Chatty Cathy. She doesn't stay quiet for one minute and for now, it's adorable. She literally repeats everything you say. Little Minah bird. She's starting to say phrases, some tiny sentences. Just last week she woke up on Monday and as I put her on the changer table to change her diaper she says, "Daddy?" I said, "I'm sorry sweetie, Daddy's at work." She burst into tears. So the next day she does the same thing, "Daddy?" I say the same thing. Wednesday morning she says, "Daddy at work?" I giggled. Smart little girl. Now she says that every morning--"Daddy at work?" I say, "Yes that's right. Daddy's at work." So cute!
When we are on our way home from anywhere and we start to turn on our street she starts in an excited tone to rattle off all the dogs' names from the back seat. She exclaims, "Noah! Rever! (that's Trevor) Jakey! Amos!" It's so funny. We have been doggie-sitting so many dogs this summer than Sophie has learned the guest dogs' names too! She will watch them out the window and say their name, or her rendition of it.
The best thing she does is she knows her ABCs! Oh how that sign language has paid off! Man, I know I can't stop raving about it but that is just amazing! She knows the whole alphabet when I hold my hands and do each ASL (American Sign Language) sign for each letter she will tell me which it is! We have foam letters on a floor pieces in the living room that she plays on. We can ask her to go get a letter and she'll go get one and bring it to us. And the cutest is "W". She calls it "double double". Here is a video of her great little alphabet knowledge!
She's, of course, talking like Chatty Cathy. She doesn't stay quiet for one minute and for now, it's adorable. She literally repeats everything you say. Little Minah bird. She's starting to say phrases, some tiny sentences. Just last week she woke up on Monday and as I put her on the changer table to change her diaper she says, "Daddy?" I said, "I'm sorry sweetie, Daddy's at work." She burst into tears. So the next day she does the same thing, "Daddy?" I say the same thing. Wednesday morning she says, "Daddy at work?" I giggled. Smart little girl. Now she says that every morning--"Daddy at work?" I say, "Yes that's right. Daddy's at work." So cute!
When we are on our way home from anywhere and we start to turn on our street she starts in an excited tone to rattle off all the dogs' names from the back seat. She exclaims, "Noah! Rever! (that's Trevor) Jakey! Amos!" It's so funny. We have been doggie-sitting so many dogs this summer than Sophie has learned the guest dogs' names too! She will watch them out the window and say their name, or her rendition of it.
The best thing she does is she knows her ABCs! Oh how that sign language has paid off! Man, I know I can't stop raving about it but that is just amazing! She knows the whole alphabet when I hold my hands and do each ASL (American Sign Language) sign for each letter she will tell me which it is! We have foam letters on a floor pieces in the living room that she plays on. We can ask her to go get a letter and she'll go get one and bring it to us. And the cutest is "W". She calls it "double double". Here is a video of her great little alphabet knowledge!
She still cannot live without her blanket, "Binky" or her favorite teddy bear, "Stewart"--who has officially become "Stewie". She pairs them together too, like one word, "StewieBeeky" as she gathers them up and carries them all over with her.
She still favors books to almost anything, as far as toys go. She brings me books all day long and says, "Book! Book!" then backs up into my lap as she says, "lap, lap" and proceeds to sit down so that I can read to her. So a week ago or so Tracy, Kelton, Sophie and I went to the Irving Public Library to Toddler Storytime. Sophie loved all the books. The teacher/storyteller lady said, "Oh a girl after my own heart, she wants the books" when she went after the books instead of the other stuff the kids would go for (toys and such).
Here is a slideshow of some recent photos over the past few weeks.
She still favors books to almost anything, as far as toys go. She brings me books all day long and says, "Book! Book!" then backs up into my lap as she says, "lap, lap" and proceeds to sit down so that I can read to her. So a week ago or so Tracy, Kelton, Sophie and I went to the Irving Public Library to Toddler Storytime. Sophie loved all the books. The teacher/storyteller lady said, "Oh a girl after my own heart, she wants the books" when she went after the books instead of the other stuff the kids would go for (toys and such).
Here is a slideshow of some recent photos over the past few weeks.
Here is a video of her in her bucket. I caught her in here one day and videoed it until she turns around to look at me.
Sophie starts her new Montessori school next Tuesday and I'm very excited and nervous too! My baby is going to school! While it's only on Tuesday/Thursdays I know I'll be a bit nervous as she'll be gone from 8:30am to 3:30pm--that's a long time! We had our "New Parent Orientation" this evening and she got to go play in her classroom with some of her new classmates and meet her teachers. She'll have 2 teachers. Grandma and Grandpa stayed in the classroom with her while David and I went to the parent orientation down the hall. She loved all the things in the classroom. Of course we have been here before for the "Intro to Montessori" in July, so she's seen this all and loved it then. She is going to have a great time. She also painted a picture tonight and got to feed the pet bunny again (she did that in July too when we were there!). I'll keep you informed on her first day!
Here is the last video. She was so tired and for some reason didn't want to go to bed. So we let her watch her Signing Time DVD. This is funny how she tries to turn the video back on after David hit "pause".
No comments:
Post a Comment