Tuesday, August 17, 2010

1st Day of School.

We all survived! I wasn't nervous or worried until last night and then after we dropped her off. We had to wake her up at 7:30 to get dressed and eat. My little sleeper! She usually doesn't wake up until 8-8:30am but she has to be at school by 8:30am so we are going to adjust our bedtime and such to accommodate her new school days!

She did great when we left her. Apparently she cried some a littler later. The teacher sent me a photo of her at about 11am (the one of her reading a book) and the mommy in me noticed her nose was a little pink--ah ha! Signs of previous tears!

I left so worried they wouldn't know who "Beeky" was. So I emailed . . .
I just wanted to tell you that I should have mentioned that Sophie’s pink blanket in her cubby is what she calls “Binky”, sounds more like “beeky”. She’s rather attached to it, especially when she’s tired. She’ll start to ask for it when she’s tired usually, along with sucking her thumb. She sleeps with it, can’t sleep without it . . . for now. I just wanted to let you know because if she asks for it that’s what she wants. I know a lot of kids call their pacifiers Binky so I didn’t want you to think she was asking for a pacifier!
Anyway, she was waiting outside with one of her teachers (she has 2 fully certified Montessori teachers in her room) in their little courtyard when I got there. She had Binky in hand and her backpack on. Her little piggie tails were a mess so I knew she slept! Yippee! They said she napped for at least an hour and a half. I was so worried she wouldn't sleep since they have to sleep on a mat on the floor. She's never slept anywhere but her crib or port-a-crib!

Her teacher was telling her good-bye and she says, "Amos". The lady looks at me, a little confused, I said, "Oh that's our dog." Then she says, "Rerer" I say, "that's our other dog", she says, "Noah" I say, "well, we have four dogs!" Then I asked Sophie who she forgot and she says, "Jakey!" So off we went to see the doggies at home!

Here is a slideshow of pictures.


Here are several tiny video snippets. I was a little self-conscience about videoing her the whole time while we took her in. We were the only ones doing that, so I made a few little tiny ones. Here they are. Oh and to view it where the picture is clear YouTube has it where it's automatically on the lowest settings. Click the number 240 in the bottom right corner of the video and choose 360 or 480. The higher the number the better the picture but it also takes longer to load (and watch).




No comments:

Post a Comment