Monday, July 12, 2010

Toddler Life Rules.

Sophie is so much fun! She's enjoying running, playing and now . . . swimming! We've been to a couple city aquatic centers recently and she's loved them. She's not incredibly adventurous and still likes one of us to hold onto her but if she's in the 6" water for the tots she will walk all around and explore the fun things they have. She's also gone down the little slide they have for the smaller kiddos in the Irving and the Arlington place.

She's talking even more and copies just about every single word you say, especially if you say it in "double time", as I call it. I say, "necklace, necklace" and she attempts to say it. Her hair is growing like a weed too and I love being able to style it in the cute little pigtails and pony tails!

We are also looking at options for Sophie since our wonderfully favorite "nanny", Kelsey is going to have her baby literally any day. I've been researching little preschools like crazy as I think she's in need of some stimulation, socialization and toddler learning! I've been able to do some stuff at home with the books and things we have (and Kelsey's helped a ton with that too!) but she needs to get out into the big ole world! And because I have some of the most generous and kind in-laws in the world, we are going to be able to afford to send her to "school"! It looks like we'll be taking her to The Montessori Academy of Arlington in south Arlington 2 days a week. We went to an "Introduction to Montessori" last Saturday with her there and she absolutely had the best time! The teachers were there and we got to find out how her class would run and she got to test all the fun things in class while we were there. She was having the best time, so we are excited to send her there!

Here is a slide show of her in the past week or so. (If you can't view this slideshow because you are getting this via email visit the blog online: stacygreer.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment