David has had off since Friday (my birthday!) so we've had a great weekend! My mom and David (step-dad) came into town on Saturday and we went to Sam and Ryan's (my step-brother & his wife) house for dinner. Kaitlyn is now 3 1/2 and Caroline is 7 months. Kelton and Andy showed up later and all the kids had so much fun playing together!
The place had pony rides, a petting zoo, vendors, men on stilts and of course horse races going on. We didn't do any of the kid stuff because the lines were so long. So we took Sophie around to see it all and she looooved the little ponies. She got rather upset when we walked away from the "nay" pen. She says "nay" for horse since a horse says "nay". I wanted to go in the petting zoo, being the animal lover I am. They had a baby potbellied pig that seriously was the size of Trevor! Oh my gosh was that thing so cute and tiny!
Kids were walking around with these little puppets. You know the kind with sticks on top that you have to jiggle just right to make them move? Makes me think of the puppet show from The Sound of Music. Anyway, they were little horses. Sophie kept saying "nay! nay!". So of course I went over and bought her one. She loved that guy. I named him "Henry". I have to name all of Sophie's things, it's a thing I have.
Sophie was being so good. I stood in line at the food stand to buy over-priced, unhealthy food for David and I to eat. He had 2 hot dogs and I had those nachos with the yellow stuff they call cheese. Sophie ate some of the hot dog and then all of the fruit I brought for her. She wanted to walk around so we did and the people sitting in front of us were so incredibly nice. They gave her their glow necklace and bracelet. She walked up and told the guy "ha" as she patted her head--the sign for hat. He had a glow hat made of the little glow tubes and she thought that was a cool hat. So his wife gave her the "jewelry" she had on. So nice. Guess that's what happens when you're a cute toddler!
The fireworks started incredibly late. David and I said we were about to leave around 9:55 and then lo and behold the lights went out and they started the show.
Here is a slide show of the weekend. Oh and I've had some people ask, the little leg warmers Sophie has on are called BabyLegs. Cute, eh?!
Here is Sophie's horse "Henry" and a little view of the crowded park.
Sophie attempts to "work" Henry herself here.
No comments:
Post a Comment