Well it's here. The crawl. She's an official crawler. Boo hoo my days of a bit of freedom are over. It only grows from here. But she's absolutely the cutest thing on the planet. Do all mothers think that? I mean I really do think she's just the cutest thing ever. I could just squeeze her all day!Today I went in after she had a nap mid-day and she was awake and talking to herself. She hears me when I come in and I always see that just adorable face peering over the top of her crib bumper since she's always on her tummy in there. She's got a grin from ear to ear. I could smell that she had a poopy diaper from the second I walked in. I walked over to the crib and peered over and said, "Do you have a poopy diaper even with that smile?" And I sort of laughed. She started to laugh at me and then I laughed harder and so did she and we sat there laughing literally at each other for about 1 full minute. It was so cute. Then I grabbed her up to smooch all over her.
We are packing for Sophie's first [air] plane ride. We are going to Michigan to see David's family (Aunt, Uncle and cousins, etc.) for the weekend and we are all flying. I'm excited and nervous as I sure hope she's a little darling on the plane. I've been reading a blog I found that a flight attendant wrote just for people who fly with kids. What a wealth of great info that has been! So, I think we'll be all set.
I had to get her a few new outfits that are long-sleeved, namely PJs, since she's too big for all the ones she has. She wears a 12-18 month now in just about everything. She's so long! I'm guessing she's very close to 20-lbs because she is almost in a size 4 diaper too and that is for 22-37 lbs. Big girl!
Ok. Here is a video of her crawling. Don't you just want to grab her up and eat her? She's just delicious.
I DO want to eat her up and I need to see her before you leave!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree! Good luck on the plane ride - I'm sure she'll be a doll!!
ReplyDelete