Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Greer Chronicles: Scene I: Michigan

Well I need to break this up into a few posts because I have a ton of stuff to throw at 'cha! Let's see . . . where to begin . . .

Last Friday David, Sophie and I left for a family trip to Michigan. Sophie's first plane ride. I had been reading and researching and all kinds of stuff in hopes that we would have a smooth ride and she would be comfy and happy. I packed just about everything I could think of and of course things she didn't necessarily need but we were prepared to say the least! We had perfect timing for leaving and coming home. Sophie was due for a bottle and a nap both ways the second we began backing out of the terminal. It was just perfect. We also opted to get her a seat for her car seat instead of just holding her. Which was the best move we made. She would not sleep if we held her and she was oh so comfy in her car seat. We fed her in the seat, she was cranky for a minute or two then as soon as those engines revved up she passed out. She slept at least half way thru both flights and then woke up happy and we just took her out of her seat and played with her. She was fine and talked and chewed on the Sky Mall magazine. Here we are on the trip up there.

The weekend was great. We went to Clarkston, Michigan to have a family weekend as a memorial for his late Grandfather (who passed away in May). We went to visit David's Aunt, Uncle, cousins and all of their babies. His cousin, Angela, lives in Tennessee now so they came from Tennessee for the trip. My brother and sister-in-law live in Chicago so they came from the windy city.

They set up for a photographer to do family pictures where we all had to wear the same shirts and pants. The babies all wore the same too. We took most of the pictures in the photographer's backyard that was an amazing sight to see! You can't describe it, you just have to see it. Anyway, here is a slide show of the family pictures. Some are from the photographer and some are pics I took with my own camera.

The trip was short but great. We ate a lot of yummy food and just sat in the nice 75 degree weather. It was just gorgeous up there! . . . . Margret and Dave have an awesome backyard designed with kids in mind! The grass is soft and plush, there is a sand box, pea gravel under the tree and loads of space. We all had a great time. Stay tuned for Scene II of The Greer Chronicles . . . . Here is a little snippet of Sophie in the swing.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like so much fun!! I love the slide show. That picture of you, David, & Sophie where you're standing up and her arms are up with the big smile on her face is ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete