Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fun Times.

Well my week was a rough one. Just one of those weeks, struggling with everyone else in this economy and doing what we can to get by. Work is very slow for both David and I and I kind of "unraveled", if you will, at week's end and was hoping a fairy would sweep me up and take me to a far away place . . . . to top the wonderful week off my car window on my passenger's side was broken when David was doing the yard. We just found the window shattered all over the street and just 5 minutes before it hadn't been that way as I had just gotten home. David thinks a rock hit it while he was edging, which sounds like the most likely thing. Anyway, I know God tests us and I think that I was Job last week. I know others are far worse off than us and so I can actually thank the good Lord for the wonderful people in my life and what I do have--a great husband, wonderful family, a beautiful daughter, four fuzzy dogs and my coffee maker.

My in-laws went to St. John last week for a whole week. David and I could have gone but I couldn't bring myself to 1) leave my sweet Sophie for that long and 2) put my blubbery butt into a swim suit. So we opted out. (We went to St. John last January with the whole family, so I know how marvelous it is!) However they brought us some fun gifts back. T-shirts (my favorite!) and a cute little onsie for Sophie. Then, Sophie's favorite, a little Caribbean doll we named "Aunt Vie" See Aunt Vie has this little shack, literally, on the far side of the island and she makes the best food you could ever want. Seriously, if you go to St. John find Aunt Vie's Shack! Anyway, so when we give Sophie the doll and she smiles really big and then she likes to hold onto her and chew on her dress.

Yesterday was a big day for everyone. Tracy had her big Mary Kay debut party and Andy had to work so she had no one to help her set up or get ready . . . and she has a 15-month old. So around 9:45am Tracy comes walking in our door and has Kelton in tow. David ever so graciously babysat both Kelton and Sophie while Tracy and I ran errands and then had her party. David watched them until around 4pm. Kelton put Sophie's jelly sandals on and had fun with those.

However, to top off the busy day David and I had a BBQ planned to be held at our house at 6pm. David's parents and Aunt (Margret came down for her 2-week summer visit from Michigan), Tracy, Andy, Kelton and then the Greer's long-time friends Karen and Richard Campbell were all on the guest list. So while at Tracy's party I get a text message that says: When are you coming home we have a messy house? Little Kelton is a busy little bee and I walked in around 4pm and each toy that Sophie owns plus all of our alphabet refrigerator magnets covered our entire living room. It was funny and I'm thinking: Oh my time is coming!

We tidied up the house while David still watched the kiddos. David was really cut out for kids. It's rather cute and handy for me every day around 5:30pm! Kudos to my hubby and his Daddy of the Year Badge! The guests all came and David fired up our grill and cooked hamburgers and hotdogs. Margret cooked her yummy cheesy potatoes, Susan made yummy watermelon and cantelope salad as well as pasta salad and Karen and Richard brought ice cream and toppings! I had me some Reisling, a bottle we had since our wedding! Andy brought David some Dos Exis and we all had a nice little get together!

Today has just begun so I'm sure a story will come of that . . . so stay tuned for my Sunday Edition!

1 comment:

  1. I already heard your Sunday Edition from David, so I would love your spin on that one on the blog!

    ReplyDelete