This has been a much better week for me in many ways than last week--whew! First of all what is up with all this heat? My grass is angry at the sun. It's all shriveling and wilty. I feel sorry for it. I actually give it pep talks in the mornings--come on, hang in there, you can do it! Anyway, I never did plant any flowers or anything in the beds and I suppose that's a good thing because they may not have survived.
I am having loads of fun riding my bike every Tuesday and Thursday
with this dog that I am supposed to walk. I started walking him (yes like a dog walker, even though this isn't really what I do I am doing this for the money) back in April when it wasn't so bad. Once this heat hit I was re-thinking the whole job. It is just too hot to walk long enough to really get the dog exercised. So I had a light bulb go off and I thought--what if I had a bike and I rode a bike and held his leash? He could run and we could go for shorter distances and for shorter time spans. So my good friend Michelle had a bike she never uses and she let me borrow it. So I load it in my car each week and I've been biking with him for about a week and a half now. Funny thing is he's worn out after 8 minutes. Seriously, it's the shortest trip ever. He's so tired that he's lagging behind the bike and I have to spout out words of encouragement to keep him trucking along. He's insanely cute. A huge white Golden Retriever named Riley. Big guy, known as the "English Golden" so they are bigger and blockier. He's about 90-lbs. He's the sweetest thing in the world.I also have taken Noah a few times myself in our neighborhood because he can keep up better than anyone else. We have gone after dusk when the pavement isn't so hot and he's always excited about it. I'm going to try to get David to get some of it on video. It's really cute with my big booty on this small little cruiser bike and a dog running next to me.
Onto the little one. She's still only army crawling but she's attempting the full crawl for a couple of seconds at a time. She's just about there. And she's quite speedy. I am vacuuming even more than usual (yeah who'd have thought that was possible) to keep the hair and debris off the floor. I still pick her up and I have to use the sticky roller to get the hair off of her! Poor little girl. She doesn't meet health code standards.

The other morning I went to let one of the dogs outside and I put her bottle on her highchair tray.
I came back and she was feeding herself. She's never done that so I got a picture. Cutie. She's able to do some problem solving. David gave her some magnets and she studied them for quite a while.However the good news is that the jumperoo is still a saving grace. She loves to bounce in that thing still . . . for now. Here she is going to town!
Stephanie still loves her jump-a-roo!! She sits in it to watch tv and have her afternoon snack.....what a great invention! a million times better than the ones that hang in the doorway I had.....
ReplyDelete