Monday, April 27, 2009

Uno.

Wow what a big weekend we had! Let me see where to start . . . My family all came into town as it was Kelton's 1st birthday! The little guy is a year, I can't believe it! He's walking like a little robot and getting around quickly. He also is doing several baby signs for things and it's super cute.

My mom, David (my step-dad) and Tracy all toiled away in the yard since last Thursday as they re-landscaped Tracy's yard for the big party on Saturday. Friday I had a couple of clients during the day and then we all headed over to Tracy and Andy's for dinner. We hung out there and Sophie didn't want to fall asleep there so we got her home and she finally went to bed around 9pm (her bedtime is usually 6:30-7pm).

Saturday was the big day. I had to work in the morning and then got to Tracy's with Sophie around 2pm, party started at 2:30pm. Sophie had a nice long nap that morning while I was at work, Daddy said, so I thought she may be able to handle the whole party. She got very over-stimulated with all the people and activities. We tried to put her down at Tracy's but she couldn't get to sleep there. So Daddy drove her around the block in her car seat and she fell asleep and took a nap for about an hour.

While David and Sophie were driving around we sang to Kelton as he stared at his sprinkle-filled cupcake. He'd never seen such a sight and wasn't sure what to do with it. I got a little on video of us singing but for some reason I didn't keep rolling for you to see him put the cupcake up to his face and bite into the huge dollop of icing on top! It was cute as could be. Anyway here is the video.


Here is a still photo I got of Kelton after the singing.

So after that we hung out at Tracy's for quite a while and Andy got some really cute shots of Daddy and Sophie. She's gonna be a Daddy's girl for sure. He's got her wrapped, er. . . she's got him wrapped. I can't wait until she tells him about the first boy she has a crush on . . . . We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment