Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm a big girl now . . .

We are onto solid foods to start our little baby engines! First we tried some bananas and she puckered up like she ate a lemon and today we did applesauce. I think we'll stick with that. She ate much more of it although the face of puckering still remained. I got a bit of it on video and it's pretty cute.

I also wanted to make note that although I thought we would be perfectly fine without a high chair I think I may have changed my mind after seeing this awesome 3-in-1 high chair at Target in San Angelo last weekend. We registered and received the cool little hook-on chair that is currently hanging from our kitchen table awaiting Sophie to goo it up but it's not going to travel too well. Also, Tracy used it for a short bit with Kelton and she found that the gap between the baby and the table was so big that he'd drop almost all of his food before it hit his mouth! So she has one of the neat-o chairs that has a little tray on it and it buckles into a regular chair. Then when they are older you can use it as a booster seat. Well that is the 3-in-1 that I found!! 1: high chair 2:portable booster seat with tray 3:booster seat. It's also a cushioned plastic so it's easy to clean (someone was thinking along the lines of messy babies here, very intelligent I must add). Anyway I was going to add it to the list on the right but I thought I'd add it here because I saw it in the Target store but cannot find it on their website for the life of me. I think it's brand spankin' new so it's not on the site yet. Or maybe you can only get it in stores. I dunno. Anyway. Love it. And for a 3-in-1 mod high chair it's only $99. Awesome. Let's get some food out and start sloppin!

Ok. Here is a super cute picture of her laughing with her big gummy smile. Isn't she the cutest thing? Since David and I moved into this house we started this little thing where we write notes on each others mirrors. We each have our own sink and mirror in our bathroom and one day I noticed a wipeboard marker and I took it and wrote a note to David so he'd see it when he was getting dressed for work. So we swap cute little notes here and there. This morning my mirror says, "Thanks for making me so cute, Mom. Love Sophie." I went in and said, "David can you believe it? Sophie accused me of making her cute!" The nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment