Today we got to take our first trip to the pediatrician for a reason other than a check-up! Little miss has pink eye! I first noticed a little goop yesterday and then after David got home yesterday he says, "Stacy, what's wrong with her eye??!!" So I told him I'd watch it and if it looked funky today I would call the doctor. So this morning she woke up with a big ole goopy booger in her eye and some redness around it. We took a trip to the pediatrician's this afternoon and sure enough--pink eye it is! Our pedi's office is great about not drugging up babies so they only like to prescribe medicine if it's absolutely necessary. He gave me a prescription and said to see how her eye is tomorrow and if it's the same then I can fill it (it's just eye drops). In the meantime we are washing hands thoroughly and Sophie got a nice hot bath this evening!
She didn't nap well at all today, I think she's feeling a bit under the weather but she's happy as a clam still and eating ok. We did get to weigh her at the pedi and she's 14 lbs 6 oz! That's a whole pound since March 30th! They didn't measure her as they usually only do that on wellness check-ups which means not again until she's 6 months.
Well here is a video of her just before David got home this evening . . .
She didn't nap well at all today, I think she's feeling a bit under the weather but she's happy as a clam still and eating ok. We did get to weigh her at the pedi and she's 14 lbs 6 oz! That's a whole pound since March 30th! They didn't measure her as they usually only do that on wellness check-ups which means not again until she's 6 months.
Well here is a video of her just before David got home this evening . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment