Sophie seems to be all better now and finally, after an incredibly insane week, we are getting back in the swing of things.
My good friend and one of my independent contractor [dog trainers], Misty, is moving to Austin next weekend to intern under our mentor trainer, Lee Mannix of Lee Mannix Center for Canine Behavior. So she is staying with me this week before she moves, she moved in last Sunday with her dog, Lucky. I also had 2 dogs I was babysitting (both left this weekend) that stayed in the room with Misty and her dog -- yeah, crazy, eh?!
So, to top off my week Sophie was recovering from her stuff and then Wednesday Jake had to have emergency surgery to remove a blockage in his intestines. Yes, that is his 2nd surgery this year! He had his mast cell tumor removed in January. That guy hasn't had one lick of health issues until now! So I had a draining and expensive week! We are now down to just my dogs and Lucky (who is very good anyway) and everyone is recovering from all their illnesses/surgeries and what-have you.
So Grandma and Grandpa, who she calls "Pap-paa" (no name for Grandma yet), kept her last night. David and I went to see "The Crazies" and came home to relax. Ahhhhh. Today was absolutely gorgeous. We met Grandma and Grandpa at "Going Bonkers!" in Lewisville for a fun place for Sophie to try out and play. It's hard to describe but it's just a giant jungle gym covered in soft noodles and nets and kid-safe things. They have a small little area for tots under 3 to use and we stayed there while she crawled and climbed and discovered how much fun slides are! She kind of looks afraid [going down the slide] but she was actually laughing and have a good time with this. Here is a slideshow of her little adventure.
We didn't get to attend our free day at Gymboree because she was pretty sick that day and I went to the pediatrician's instead. So we are going to reschedule that. But we are going to our free Little Gym class this Wednesday. I'm excited about that one too!
She's doing animal sounds like crazy. They are incredibly cute. She knows them so well that I can just show her the baby sign for each and she immediately does the sign without me saying a word with the sign! She knows horse, cow, pig, duck, lion, snake, fish, sheep, bird, dog and kitty. Horse has been a favorite lately and she saw a giraffe in the Going Bonkers place and all of a sudden she says, "Nay! Nay!" and keeps going on and on, really excitedly. It was so cute. We took her over and showed her and I told her it was a giraffe with the correct sign, she still "nayed". Here is Daddy holding her up so she can see the giraffe . . . er, horse.Oh and I finally got a call from Our Children's House of Baylor and they scheduled Sophie's feeding therapy to begin! We start on Monday, March 8th. They said for now we will go once a week. Once we meet with Natalie, our Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) she will tell us if she thinks Sophie will need an Occupational Therapist's evaluation. I'll keep you all posted on that . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment