Sunday, February 21, 2010

Croup.

Well we still haven't gotten Sophie to see an Occupational Therapist as Baylor has taken their time to get the results of her swallow study to the pediatrician. So we hope to get that info this week.

It seems that something has been going around, a lot of my clients and their kids have been sick. I'm starting to feel a bit icky and Sophie is hoarse. It's so sad she sounds so cute saying her animal sounds with her hoarse voice. She seems to act like she feels ok and we haven't had any other fever. The other night (Wednesday of last week) she very oddly had a very high temperature in the middle of the night. She woke up crying and I went in and was changing her and her feet were incredibly hot and then I realized she was hot all over. Took her temp and it was 102.5. The next day, and ever since, she's seemed fine and has had no fever.

. . . I'm really sorry I haven't blogged in a while. My posts are getting further apart! Everyone now knows that it snowed a record snow fall about 12 days ago. Yes, it was crazy. Since Sophie isn't standing unassisted [still] I didn't get any pics of her in the snow but she loved looking out the window and telling me the sign for "hot" and saying "haaa, haaa". She's discovered hot but we haven't covered cold. So she thinks all temperatures are hot. It's cute to watch her look at the snow and then tell me it's hot. I try to say, "No, it's cold . . ." while I do the sign for cold but she prefers hot. I got some pics of the snow day.


Last Wednesday morning I took Sophie to a "Toddler Time" at one of the local rec centers in south Arlington. It cost $1 and I thought it would be fun. It wasn't fun really since she's crawling and not walking. I worry another toddler will step on her hand or roll over them with a tricycle wheel! She crawled around furiously and seemed to have a good time. There was a mini ball pit but she just sat outside of it and said, "ball" while doing her signing version of the ball. I put her on one of the ride-on toys but she doesn't know how to work those so I used it as a photo op and then she just crawled around the floor. She had a good time and of course it was worth the $1 I spent even if she couldn't use most of the stuff there. We are supposed to go to a free Gymboree class this Wednesday, I hope she's well and we can still make it! Here are some pics from the Toddler Time day I took with my phone.


And speaking of the walking . . . she seems to be trying a little harder now to walk more. She cruises more things and has stood for about 1-2 seconds unassisted when she has had both hands full, so it's like she doesn't know she's doing it. Once she realizes she doesn't have a free hand to grab something she will drop to the floor. So I'm sure she'll pick up on this walking thing soon. And yes, I know I'll long for her crawling days back when she does but for now I really do wish she'd start walking!

I'll leave you with a few random pics from my iPhone that I gathered of her. These are random from the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment