Sophie's favorite word is "uh oh." She says it all the time and says it well. She also says, "Hi-e" . . . it's like "hi" but has an "e" sound at the end. She's tall, and just about to be in 24-month clothes as her 18-month are too short! I'm not sure what she weighs yet but we'll find out at her 12-month check up at the end of the month.
She's not really cruising much, but some, and definitely not walking. She does however crawl like she's on fire! I'm not going to rush the walking, the longer for that the better! She's got her 2 front teeth coming in and she's just getting so big so fast!
Sophie also likes to turn pages in books and when she's really tired and ready for bed she'll sit in your lap and just stare at the book. It's a great self-esteem booster, I actually feel like she's listening to me and enjoying it.She grabs books off of her shelf and flips through them. It's really cute.
Good news! We finally got her big-girl car seat! Man that was a journey! Anyway, it's nice. If I sat in that thing in a car I'd be out in a matter of minutes. It's got memory foam and it's side-impact tested and the best part is that she can stay in it in a 5-point harness until she's 80-lbs! Yup. I seriously doubt she'll be in that thing when she's 80-lbs but it seems we have the one and only seat until she gets too tall for it, most kids (from all my car seat research) out-grow their seat by height way before they out-grow it by weight. Anyway, she is super happy in the back of my car in that thing. She talks and sings and such. The sides are narrow so she can see around and out the window. I can see her shaking Stewart around and then she laughs and squeals.
I can't believe Thanksgiving is around the corner and I really can't believe Sophie will be 1 in a matter of weeks! Seems like just yesterday she was all swaddled in her little blanket and looked like a little burrito in her crib. Man, she's changed so much! We never knew we could love a little person so much!
What would we have done without her - preciouis, sweet Sophie! I can't wait to see her for her birthday!
ReplyDeleteshe's so dang cute! Hi-eee!
ReplyDelete