We went to San Angelo for the weekend and for Sophie's first Halloween! She was almost here last Halloween but not just yet . . . so she got to celebrate this year. All who know me know I'm not dazzly or sparkly or anything girlie at all really. So of course that would mean that my little girl wouldn't be a fairy princess for Halloween! Mommy found a $7 costume that was of high quality, I might add, at Babies R Us. What was it?
A dragon. Cutest thing you've seen. Even cuter with my little Sophie in it!
She loved being in the costume! It was hilarious. She would crawl around very fast and make her happy sounds. Talking to the ground and then sitting up and laughing at herself. We got several pictures and I got a little video.We didn't go trick or treating but found a nice pumpkin patch at the Sierra Vista Church and just let the kiddos run around there. Kelton was a blue 3-eyed, 4-armed monster that came with a cute little green, polka-dotted, padded belly. I couldn't stop laughing at him. It was so hilarious! He seemed to like his costume too.
We all went to Southland Baptist on Sunday morning and Sophie went to the nursery.
I wasn't sure how she'd do since I've never left her in a nursery before. David sat her down on the floor, with Stewart in her tight grasp, and she looked at the other kids and said, "Hiii!" That's the latest. She says "hi" and it's incredibly cute. She didn't even notice we left her and she had a good time. I think that Stewart was an integral part of her joy. He's her lifeline and they whisper jokes and whatnots to each other, I'm certain of it since she laughs alone in her bed at night with Stewart by her side. . . Friends can be lifelines when you need them . . .
Stewart is showing signs of love too.
ReplyDelete