Monday, November 16, 2009

Little People.

I'm just realizing that I have a little human that I'm raising. I really have been around dogs too long! I'm so in the groove of knowing that no matter what a dog can learn but will never be able to reason and figure things out like a human. I just know how to deal with that so well that I get really excited when Sophie does something intelligent!

She has learned several new things in the past week. She now tries to throw the blanket over her head for you when you play hide and seek, so she can hide herself. She's so cute when she does it. She bends her head down and kind of puts the blanket on her head. And her face is so darn cute when you say, "Where is Sophie?" and then take the blanket off. It's genuine excitement when we "find" her!

She also is doing her first real sign. I always thought she'd do milk first but she's doing water. Hers looks like the sign for "eat" and she kind of says, "waa, waa, waa . . ." We were eating tonight and she started getting fussy and I said, "Sophie, what do you want?" and she did the sign for water! I was so excited and I gave her the sippy with water and she chugged it!

She also waves goodbye, which is funny because her bye-bye is the sign for milk so I'm curious why she doesn't do that sign! Nonetheless, she holds her hand high above her head and does her bye-bye and says it. Too cute!

No walking or even much cruising still but I'm still happy about that. I know she'll do it when she's ready!

. . . and speaking of ready I'm trying to get ready for next week. It's going to be nuts at my house! I'm really excited but trying to plan everything to turn out perfectly. We are going to have around 18 people in my house for Thanksgiving on Friday, the day after and then probably 15 for Sophie's party on Saturday.

Off to whistle while I work! . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment