Sunday, June 14, 2009

Psuedo-mom.

Well we had a fast-paced, fun-filled last four days! David's company had a camping trip (guys only) and he left Thursday evening after work. Sophie and I were all by ourselves that night. I discovered how much I hate going across our house in the dark, alone. I kept waking up one of the dogs to force them to go with me to Sophie's room. Funny they were all snoozin and I'd say, "Noah, come on . . ." he'd look at me and lay his head back down. "Noah! Come on, get up!" He'd finally get up and then I had to hold his collar and make him go half-way with me. Finally he came with me and we looked in on little girl. She was sleeping peacefully.

Friday morning my mom came into town and we went to pick her up from the airport around 10am. Then I went to get my haircut with my mother-in-law and Tracy while mom watched Kelton and Sophie at our house. I decided to go completely new do. I'm no longer a homely girl. Ok. So I still wear my t-shirts and jeans daily but at least it takes me more than 10 minutes to get dressed now! I had so much thick, wavy hair that it took her 2.5 hours to cut and style it!

Kelton stayed at my house on Friday night along with mom and David (stepdad). It was so funny because Kelton literally thought I was Tracy unless Tracy was there. With my haircut he was sure I was Tracy. How do you know he thought that, you ask? Well he's going thru his separation anxiety stage right now and if Tracy puts him down or walks out of the room he cries and instantly is fine when she comes back and picks him up. He also hugs her and wraps his arms around her neck while she's holding him. He doesn't really do this to others unless you pick him up after a nap. Anyway, Tracy wasn't there when I got home from my haircut and as soon as I walked in he ran to me and hugged my leg, then tapped his chest--his little baby signs saying "help" which he does when he wants to be picked up. So I picked him up and he gave me a hug. I tried to put him down and he started crying just like he does with Tracy. He wouldn't even go to mom he'd just cry and want me to hold him again. It was funny. I kept calling myself psuedo-mom. It was cute and funny! Ah, the joy of twins!

Saturday my mom and stepdad left to go back to Austin around 3pm. So Sophie and I were alone again Saturday night. Sophie had a little bit of a rough night that night. Over the past few days she's been eating like a little piglet, so I'm thinking she's going through a growth spurt. She's taking 6-8 ounces of formula 5 times a day plus baby food 2-3 times a day! Anyway, Saturday evening we met the in-laws, Tracy, Andy and Kelton at Cheddar's for dinner. Sophie had some peas (baby food) and I think she got sick from it. She didn't go to sleep until 9pm (she usually is asleep between 6:30-7pm) and then woke at 10pm screaming and then she threw all of her formula and peas up. Then she woke again at midnight and cried more. That time I fed her and she then slept until 7:30am on Sunday morning. She seems totally fine today so she could have just been having a bad night. Maybe she missed her Daddy . . .

David got home around 1pm today. He was a little sunned and sweaty. He hadn't showered in 3 days. Camping, eh? But he said he kept catching the biggest fish! They had a fishing guide and I think he had a good time with the fishing and all. Good thing he can sleep anywhere. I was worried he didn't get eough sleep but apparently he crashed well each night.

Well to all you single mothers out there--I have a profound respect for you! Just with about 30 hours of single-motherhood myself I sure did miss David and his wonderful help! I'm a blessed person with the wonderful husband and family that I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment