Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cousins.

Friday Tracy and Kelton spent most of the day with us in Arlington! They came over around 10am and we put the kiddos in their jogger strollers and went for a hot but good walk/run. After that I took a nice shower and the kids napped for a bit. Then we put in the "Baby Signing Time" DVD to let them watch for a bit. Yes, no TV but I let Sophie see this a couple times a month. Kelton has never seen our DVD so he was interested in it.

David got home around noon-ish and mowed the yard. Kelton watched Uncle David the whole time as he plowed over the grasses in our lovely backyard. He was quite intrigued by the mower.

Later that evening we met up with a very good friend of the family (started with David's family) Karen Campbell and her son, Richard. We met at UNO's in Sundance Square in Fort Worth. It was a nice dinner and Grandma and Grandpa Greer took Sophie home with them afterwards and she stayed the night. Little girl has been taking a long time to get to sleep lately. No fussiness but just lies in her bed for up to 2 hours talking, kicking and playing. We didn't leave Ft Worth until 8:45, which is waaaay past her bedtime anyway but apparently the report was that she slept on the way home but then talked in her bed until almost 11pm! Whoa--that's just nuts! She hasn't been to bed that late since she was only weeks old! Anyway . . . she had a good time over there and was a little sweet pea, as usual.

Tomorrow is Father's Day and we are going to David's parents' for lunch and some of his Grandpa's yummy broccoli cheese soup! I can't wait! We'll be back tomorrow with a fully report! Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

5 comments:

  1. Those two kiddos are so adorable. That is wonderful that Kelton and Sophie will grow up being so close. I'm sure you love having Tracy live near by too. I just found out last weekend that I am pregnant. I havn't been to the doctor yet, but looks like I'll be due towards the end of Feb. This will be the last one! Let me know when you venture to Austin again...would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy! Wow! Congrats! I know you said you were hoping for just one more!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stroller pic is a hoot! They both look really "chilled out!!" Or as they now say, "They are both chillaxin."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, can't believe that we are now immortal! Richard and I in the blog! So cool to be included!
    We enjoyed the time...nice that we commemorate my comings and goings like that--when I left originally for Prague, and then when I left for Puerto Rico, and then for returning from there....haha. Maybe that is why I always have a successful time living abroad--the good send off and expectation of a good welcome back!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete