Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blissful Weekend . . .

Well the weekend was good, great actually! David and I packed our car full of baby stuff and put Sophie in her first dress, just for her night at Grandma and Grandpa's. You'd think Don and Susan lived in the next state. We packed the jumperoo, bottle warmer, all the necessities, several changes of clothes and a cooler full of 7 bottles, neatly filled to the exact measurement. I went over every detail of her schedule and left her baby tracker for Susan to fill in so I could see her daily progress on sleep, meals, wake time and diaper changes. For anyone who did or knows someone who does/has done Babywise you know what I mean! And keeping track is so great, it makes things incredibly easy! . . . Susan used the baby tracker from past days to determine a few things she forgot I told her--yay, baby tracker (and yay Babywise)!

We dropped Sophie off around 3:30pm and she was due for a feeding just before we left. She was also very tired as she hadn't really napped too well that morning. We heated up a bottle at Susan's and tried giving it to her as she was really crying hard. I thought she was just upset, tired, hungry. But she wouldn't eat too well and she just kept crying. I was reluctant to leave her as I wasn't sure why she was so upset and it just wasn't normal for her to go on like that. I thought maybe she had a tummy ache or something. Susan says, "Y'all go on I've got this . . ." but I didn't want to leave until she was ok. David said she'd be ok and we left anyway. We got down the road about a mile and I kept saying, "Call your mom, call her. See if she's ok." David wanted to give her more time so we drove up to the movie theater parking lot about 2 miles down the road. He called and she had finished her bottle and passed right out! Whew! I think she was extremely tired and overstimulated and hungry . . . made herself all cranky! I felt better so we left.

We decided we wanted sushi. We hadn't had it in ages. I couldn't eat it while I was pregnant and so it'd been well over a year. We also live near one of the best sushi restaurants in the metroplex--Piranha Killer Sushi. We had a nice meal early, to beat the crowd, and decided to go see Watchmen at 7pm. We went to the movie and then stopped at RJ Gator's afterwards for a margarita and a beer. We called and checked on Sophie and she had gone to bed at 7pm with ease and was still asleep when we called around 11pm.

When we got home I was sad to have no Sophie in her bed. We turned our baby monitor off in our room and David and I slept in today (Sunday). The dogs even seemed to like the fact that we stayed in bed! We cleaned up the house a little and then headed to Grandma's around 1pm to get my little cutie pie! Susan said she was just perfect. She slept from 7pm-6:45am without a peep! Susan locked the door when we got up to it and said, "Go home, you can't have her back!"

We stuck around Don and Susan's for a while and Susan was rehashing her fun-filled night with Sophie. She talked about her laughing and I thought--wait, we haven't heard her laugh! So she laughed for the first time for Grandma! We put her on the bed and bounced it, as this is when she laughed the first time. She started cooing and giggling. So cute! I got it on video here.

3 comments:

  1. That is the most adorable thing i have ever seen!! She is cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is the tracker like a form you fill out or something? I've heard you mention it a few times and have no idea what you are talking about!

    She is getting so big! Stephanie had her first sleepover at Gamma and Papa's house when she was 2 months old.....and they haven't stopped! She goes over about once a month. Grandparents are such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is a journal-type log (www.timetoo). I also have one I do online (www.trixietracker.com). I do both. I'm really OCD like that tho! haha. The written baby journal is great b/c you can get stuff for babysitters to fill out while you are away. And it's not just for babies, toddlers and kids too!

    ReplyDelete